- Provides articles that offer timeless advice for dealing and classifying organizational conflict
- Contains complete, ready-made training exercises designed to meet a variety of needs for different audiences
- Offers inventories that include questionnaires and instruments that help participants recognize the destructive effects of hidden agendas and how to deal with them and surveys that encourage honest talk about controversial issues in the organization
About the Editor.
PART 1: PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION RESOURCES.
1. The Art of Creative Fighting (H.B. Karp).
2. Conflict-Resolution Strategies (Joan A. Stepsis).
3. Win/Lose Situations (Gerry E. Wiley).
4. A Taxonomy of Intergroup Conflict-Resolution Strategies (Daniel C. Feldman).
5. Developing Collaboration in Organizations (Udai Pareek).
6. Constructive Conflict in Discussions: Learning to Manage Disagreements Effectively (Julia T. Wood).
7. Dealing with Disruptive People in Meetings (John E. Jones).
8. Confrontational Communication (Merna L. Skinner).
9. A Positive Approach to Resistance (H.B. Karp).
10. Breaking Down Boundaries: Breaking Through Resistance (Ron Ashkenas).
PART 2: EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES.
Experiential Learning Activities: Conflict and the Team .
1. What to Look for in Groups: An Observation Guide (Philip G. Hanson).
2. Conflict Styles: Organizational Decision Making (Donald T. Simpson).
3. Win As Much As You Can: An Intergroup Competition (W. Gellerman).
4. Power Poker: What’s in It for Me? (Linda Raudenbush and Steve Sugar).
5. Trouble in Manufacturing: Managing Interpersonal Conflict (John E. Oliver).
6. Dynasell: Hidden Agendas and Trust (William W. Kibler).
7. Current Status: A Feedback Activity on Trust (Robert N. Glenn).
Experiential Learning Activities: Conflict and the Individual.
8. Retaliatory Cycle: Introducing the Elements of Conflict (Daniel Dana).
9. Alter Ego: Saying What You Mean (Duane C. Tway).
10. Conflict Role Play: Resolving Differences (Robert P. Belforti, Lauren A. Hagan, Ben Markens, Cheryl A. Monyak, Gary N. Powell, Karen Sykas Sighinolfi).
11. Resistance: A Role Play (H.B. Karp).
12. Neutral Corner: Deciding on an Issue (Linda Raudenbush and Steve Sugar).
13. Communication Games: Eliminating Unproductive (Don Morrison).
14. The Company Task Force: Dealing with Disruptive Behavior (Suzanne W. Whitcomb).
Experiential Learning Activities: Conflict and the Organization.
15. Budget Cutting: Conflict and Consensus Seeking (Terry L. Maris).
16. Winterset High School: An Intergroup-Conflict Simulation (Charles E. List).
17. Crime-Fighting Task Force: Understanding Political Tactics in Groups (R. Bruce McAfee and Robert A. Herring III).
18. Piccadilly Manor: Improving Decision Making in a Political Milieu (A. Carol Rusaw).
19. Merger Mania: Understanding Intercultural Negotiation (John Chesser).
20. Lindell-Billings Corporation: A Confrontational Role Play (Thomas H. Patten, Jr).
PART 3: INVENTORIES, QUESTIONNAIRES, AND SURVEYS.
1. Conflict Management Climate Index (Bob Crosby and John J. Scherer).
2. Cornerstones: A Measure of Trust in Work Relationships (Amy M. Birtel, Valerie C. Nellen, and Susan B. Wilkes).
3. The Team Effectiveness Critique (Mark Alexander).
4. Trust-Orientation Profile (Myron R. Chartier).
5. Conflict-Management Style Survey (Marc Robert).
6. Communication Audit: A Pairs Analysis (Scott B. Parry).
7. Inventory of Anger Communication (IAC) (Millard J. Bienvenu, Sr.).
8. The Defensiveness Inventory (Beverly Byrum-Robinson and B.J. Hennig).