"Frank′s inspiring story will bring back memories to many Americans today and will resonate within both the Hispanic and non–Hispanic communities. His can–do message and his focus on education will be increasingly important for generations to come. The role models highlighted in the book should be a source of inspiration to millions of Hispanic Americans."
RAYMOND ARROYO, Chief Diversity Officer, Aetna
"Most motivational speakers mention the importance of having a mentor or role model. One of the biggest complaints I hear universally from Latinos trying to become successful is the difficulty in finding a mentor or role model. Complain no more. From the pages of this book, you will learn from the wisdom of our greatest Latino figures. You will become inspired to courageously express your full potential and live your highest purpose."
LOUIS BARAJAS, author of
The Latino Journey to Financial Greatness and Small Business, Big Life
"There has never been a better time for Latinos to succeed greatly in America than today, except for tomorrow. This book gives you the tools you need to achieve greatly in the years ahead."
BRIAN TRACY, author of The Way to Wealth
"Building the Latino Future will inspire you as it inspired me. The leaders profiled in this book include people who carved me into the leader I am today. If you are looking for a motivating book that pushes the right Latino buttons to drive you to be your best, Building the Latino Future is a must–read for you. Even if you are not Latino, this book will inspire you to overcome your psychological walls, step up and face your challenges, and ultimately win the game of life. This book will raise your standard of excellence in your areas of focus."
CID WILSON, #1 ranked Wall Street financial analyst and founding board member of Dominicans on Wall Street (DOWS)
About the Authors.
1. Self–Discipline Is Key (Edward James Olmos, Actor, Director, and Community Activist).
2. Thinking for the Electronic Age (Dr. Hector Ruiz, CEO and Chairman of Advanced Micro Devices).
3. Never Be Afraid to Succeed (Aida Alvarez, Former Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration).
4. Downhill at 85 Miles per Hour (Ruben Gonzalez, Three–Time Olympic Luge Athlete and Author).
5. Success Is within You (Dick Gonzales, Former Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Safeway, Inc).
6. Respect All People (Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico).
7. Focus, Teach, and Learn (Dr. Jerry Porras, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University).
8. Success, Built One Venture at a Time (Eduardo Rallo, Entrepreneur; Director and COO, Portfolio Management, Pacific Community Ventures)
9. Build on Your Community (Henry Cisneros, Chairman and CEO, American City Vista).
10. Build the Community through Empowerment (Raul Yzaguirre, Former President of the National Council of La Raza).
11. Bridge the Corporate Gap (Carlos Orta, President and CEO, Hispanic Association for Corporate Responsibility).
12. Bring the Network Together (Donna Blancero, PhD, Director, Touro International University College of Business; Vice President of Research, National Society of Hispanic MBAs).
13. Move Out of Your Comfort Zone (Douglas Patino, Philanthropist and Community Leader).
14. Give to the Fullest (Janet Murguia, President and CEO, National Council of La Raza; Executive Producer, Alma Awards).
15. Build Your Empire Together, Rather Than Alone (David Lizarraga, Chairman, President, CEO, The East Los Angeles Community Union).
16. Think with the Heart (Alcario and Carmen Castellano, Founders, Castellano Family Foundation).
17. Succeed Together (Dr. Frances Morales, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of El Centro Chicano, Stanford University).
18. Push on the Door Until You Get In (Richard Leza, Venture Capitalist; Chairman and CEO, AI Research).
19. The Drive to Win (Charles Patrick Garcia, President, Sterling Hispanic Capital Group Division of Vfinance Investments).
20. The Brooklyn Way (Ray Suarez, Senior News Correspondent, National Public Radio).
21. Focus on What Is Right (Jeff Garcia, Quarterback, National Football League).
22. Be in the Game (Ronnie Lopez, President of Phoenix International Consultants, and Chief of Staff for Former Arizona Governor Babbitt).
23. Flex Your Intellectual Muscle (Martin Cabrera, President and CEO, Cabrera Capital Markets).
24. Achievements That Keep Growing (Miriam Rivera, Former Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Google, Inc.).
25. People Are Always Watching You (Maria Contreras–Sweet, Chairwoman and CEO, Promerica Bank).
IV: UNIQUE ABILITY.
26. The Vision Is Alive (Cheech Marin, Actor, Comic, Artist).
27. Believe in Your Dreams (Susie Castillo, Former Miss USA, Actress).
28. Believe in a Great Script (Moctesuma Esparza, Executive Producer and CEO, Maya Films).
29. Be Prepared for the Bell to Ring (Lou Moret, Professional Boxing Referee; Professor, Pepperdine University).
30. From Santee to Stanford (Margarita Quihuis, President and CEO, Hispanic Net).
31. Dream Big (Hector Barreto, Jr., Former Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration).
32. The Language of Culture (Isabel Valdes, Entrepreneur, Author, Consultant, and Public Speaker).
33. Surround Yourself with Successful People (Rudy Beserra, Vice President of Latin Affairs, Coca–Cola).
34. Living a Farmworker s Dream (Martin Curiel, Vice President, Marketing, Denali Advisors, LLC).
35. Keep a Sense of Pride (Marilou Martinez Stevens, President and CEO, MMS ).
36. Live Big and Reach for the Stars (Ysabel Duron, Co–Anchor, KRON TV, San Francisco; Founder and Executive Director, Latinas Contra Cancer).
37. Connect with Your Culture (Alicia Morga, Founder and CEO, Consorte Media).
38. See the Big Picture (Luis Restrepo, CEO, Multitrade Securities).
39. Hope Is Always on Your Side (Reverend Luis A. Cortes, Jr., Founder and President, Esperanza USA).
40. Always Push Yourself (Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Digital Evolution, SOA Software).
41. Life Experiences Create Strength (Daniel Gutierrez, Author; Founder, and CEO of Pinnacle Achievement Group International).
42. Listen, Learn, and Educate (Ricardo Fernandez, PhD, President, Lehman College, City University of New York).
43. Aim for the Top (David Garcia, PhD, Founder and CEO, CEDRA Corporation).
44. Communication Is a Powerful Tool (Federico Subervi, PhD, Professor, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Texas State University).
45. Motivate Employees to Success (Sara Martinez Tucker, Former President and CEO, Hispanic Scholarship Fund).
46. Hispanics on the Move (Jose Antonio Tijerino, President and CEO, Hispanic Heritage Foundation).
47. Answering the Spiritual Calling (Dr. Ana Maria Pineda, Professor of Religious Studies, Santa Clara University).
48. Instilling Faith in Lower–Income Communities (Leo Chavez, President/Superintendent, Sierra College, Rocklin, California).
49. Build Confidence in Latinos (Elva D. Diaz, Assistant Professor, University of California at Davis).
Humberto Medina is a speaker for The Ken Blanchard Companies® as well as a director and consultant for Latin American operations. He partners with businesses throughout South America, Europe, and the United States to improve the leadership and productivity of organizations in such varied industries as telecommunications, transportation, aerospace, government, manufacturing, utility, and mining.