The text assumes little in the way of prior biological knowledge and only a basic chemical knowledge. Relevant biology is included through biological topics, examples and in the Appendices.
- A concise introduction to the essentials of medicinal chemistry
- Assumes little prior knowledge of biology.
- Incorporates summary sections, examples, applications and problems, along with their solutions.
- Invaluable for undergraduates studying within the chemical, pharmaceutical and life sciences.
1. Biological Molecules.
2. An Introduction to Drugs and Their Action.
3. An Introduction to Drug Discovery.
4. The SAR and QSAR Approaches to Drug Design.
5. Computer Aided Drug Design.
6. Combinatorial Chemistry.
7. Selected Examples of Drug Action at some Common Target Areas.
9. Drug Metabolism.
10. An Introduction to Lead and Analogue Syntheses.
11. Drug Development and Production.
Appendix 1. Sickle–cell Anaemia.
Appendix 2. Bacteria.
Appendix 3. Cell Membranes.
Appendix 4. Receptors.
Appendix 5. Transfer through Membranes.
Appendix 6. Regression Analysis.
Appendix 7. Enzymes.
Answers to Questions.
Selected Further Reading.