The field of nanotechnology is undergoing rapid developments on many fronts. This reference provides a comprehensive review of various nanotechnologies with a view to their biomedical applications. With chapters contributed by distinguished scientists from diverse disciplines, Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology:
Reviews recent advances in the designing of various nanotechnologies based on nucleic acids, polymers, biomaterials, and metals
Discusses biomedical nanotechnology in areas such as drug and gene delivery
Covers advanced aspects of imaging and diagnostics
Includes a chapter on the issue of nanotoxicology
Complete with figures and tables, this is a practical, hands–on reference book for researchers in pharmaceutical and biotech industries, biomedical engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, pharmacologists, and materials scientists as well as for the policymakers who need to understand the potential of nanotechnology. It is also an excellent resource book for graduate–level students in pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical engineering, and other fields in which nanotechnology is playing an increasingly important role.
1. Biological Applications of Multifunctional Magnetic Nanowires.
2. Nucleic Acid Delivery and Localizing Delivery with Magnetic Nanoparticles.
3. Magnetic Nanoparticles in Cancer Diagnosis and Hyperthermic Treatment.
4. Brownian Motion In Biological Sensing.
5. Dendrimers And Hyperbranched Polymers For Drug Delivery.
6. Nanogels: Chemistry to Drug Delivery.
7. Targeted Gold Nanoparticles for Imaging and Therapy.
8. Building Blocks of Nucleic Acid Nanostructures: Unfolding Thermodynamics of Intramolecular DNA Complexes.
About the Editors.