Create a Winning Pinterest Marketing Strategy
A Step–by–Step Guide
Pin your way into the hearts, minds and even the wallets of your target audience by learning how to build a smart and sustainable Pinterest marketing strategy for your business. This focused, practical book walks you step by step through the process of developing, implementing, measuring, and refining a Pinterest marketing plan designed to attract and engage your target audience on the fastest growing social network in history. Learn how to develop key performance indicators, read insightful case studies of how first adopters are maximizing Pinterest′s market potential, and build a strong understanding of how to curate content that cements your relationship with consumers.
- Set up an account and get your pins into the right streams, including topical, popular, and product
- Discover the difference between personal accounts and business accounts as well as how to set up and use secret pinboards
- Learn which types of pins and pinning strategies are most likely to drive traffic and sales
- Create a strategic board structure, and use boards to build a community around your brand
- Understand the value of pinning versus repinnning, and what each means for your marketing efforts
- Tie your Pinterest strategy into other social media channels, such as Facebook and Twitter
- Measure traffic and retention rates, analyze results, and refine your strategy
You′ll also find:
- Tips and advice from successful Pinterest marketers and from happy, engaged pinners
- Real–world case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
- Additional Pinterest tools and resources
Praise for Pinterest Marketing: An Hour a Day
"This book goes beyond basic understanding of Pinterest and unleashes the power to engage. It incorporates advance strategy and tools, and it saves months of ineffective work. You will see your results within days."
Rebecca Ryan, Senior VP of Social Media at Click Media Agency, LLC.
"This book gives you clear next steps on how to use Pinterest to increase sales, improve engagement, and build communities. It′s an absolute must–read for today′s marketer."
Joanna Lord, VP of Growth Marketing, SEOMoz
"Jennifer Cario′s engaging writing style makes it easy to set up, manage and measure your Pinterest campaigns. You′ll have people clicking your "Pin It" buttons in no time and driving new (and profitable) traffic to your site."
Heather Lloyd–Martin, President and CEO, SuccessWorks Search Marketing
"By the end of the book you′ll feel prepared and inspired to rev up your own Pinterest strategy get ready to read, learn, pin, and repeat!"
Tori Tait, Senior Community Manager at DailyGrommet.com
Chapter 1 Understanding Pinterest 1
Chapter 2 Who Uses Pinterest for Marketing and Why? 13
Chapter 3 What Makes Pinterest Valuable? 39
Chapter 4 Week 1: Set Up a Pinterest Account 57
Chapter 5 Week 2: Curating Content with Pinterest 75
Chapter 6 Week 3: Find and Attract Followers 89
Chapter 7 Week 4: Purposely Propagating Pins on Pinterest 107
Chapter 8 Week 5: Track and Monitor Pinterest Traffic 123
Chapter 9 Week 6: Developing a Successful Pinterest Strategy 145
Chapter 10 Week 7: Leveraging Boards for Better Reach 163
Chapter 11 Week 8: Using Pinterest to Attract Traffi c 185
Chapter 12 Week 9: Using Pinterest to Engage with Fans 207
Chapter 13 Week 10: Pinterest Marketing Through Contests 229
Chapter 14 Week 11: Measure and Refine Your Strategy 243
Chapter 15 The Future of Pinterest Marketing 263
Appendix 1: Pinterest Marketing Resources 273
Appendix 2: Pinterest Tips from Top Marketers 277