Health Care Reform Now! is written for anyone who cares enough about our health care situation to consider serious alternatives to the current system.
In this book George Halvorson—an internationally known health care leader and author—offers a sensible approach to health care reform and universal coverage that can work for all stakeholders.
Step by step, George Halvorson outlines a game plan for a truly world-class health care system that will appeal to policy makers on both ends of the political spectrum and will deliver health care with improved quality, better access, provider accountability, performance transparency, consumer choice, and individual empowerment.
1. A Few Hard but Useful Truths.
2. Data: The Missing Link for Health Care Reform.
3. What Do We Do Until the E mr Arrives?
4. Basic Steps to Improve Care for Chronic Disease Patients.
5. Eight Developments That Finally Make Health Care Reform Possible.
6. Making the Market Work for Health Care.
7. A New Idea: The Infrastructure Vendor.
8. Who Should We Hire to Reform Our Health Care Infrastructure?
9. Next Steps and Expectations.
10. Cost Shift Realities.
11. Universal Coverage Now!
12. So What Should We Do Now?
"…rich in insights and suggestions that make them compelling reading for anyone seriously concerned about U.S. Health Reform." (Health Affairs, Jan/Feb, 2008)
"This is a very readable book on the current status of reform possibilities facing the US health care system." (JAMA, Feb 2008)
"A management guru, Halvorson shows how the same principles Wal-Mart and Target use to lower consumer costs can be applied to health care." (www.outrageoustimes.com, 09/12/2007)