When you tell the right stories, you can transform a brand into an icon, turn your customers into tireless advocates, and give your business or yourself an unbeatable advantage.
With this book you'll learn to:
- tell the 8 essential stories guaranteed to engage, influence and inspire your customers, colleagues and clients
- recognise the amazing stories waiting to be uncovered to boost your business and build your profile
- master the powerful art of storytelling to connect with people authentically, make the sale and seal the deal
- broadcast your stories using both traditional platforms and the most powerful social media tools
- use compelling facts and figures to give your stories impact.
Written for entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, game–changers or anyone who wants to build an epic business, Power Stories is your essential guide to harnessing the awesome power of a well–told story.
You'll also find more resources and templates to create your own power stories at [external URL]
About the author ix
1 It′s all about connection 1
2 The entrepreneur′s journey 15
3 Your passion story 27
4 Your business story 43
5 Your customer story 65
6 Your pitch story 81
7 Your product story 91
8 Your leader′s story 105
9 Your media story 117
10 From storytelling to story sharing 135
11 What′s your story? 153
Conclusion: So what s next? 165
Valerie Khoo is a journalist, keynote speaker and one of Australia′s most popular commentators on small business. Combining her passion for both business and storytelling, Valerie founded the Sydney Writers′ Centre, which is known for its world–class training for corporations and individuals. She is also an investor and a mentor to start–ups.