Review of the first edition
In the rapidly developing fields of DNA and genome research it is a challenge to find a reference dictionary that is both in–depth and up to date this work is well researched Science and Technology, Reference Reviews
Review of the second edition
...comprehensive enough to be useful for students, teachers, technicians, and scientists Choice
DNA technology is evolving rapidly, with new methods and a fast–growing vocabulary. This unique dictionary offers current, detailed and accessible information on DNA technology to lecturers, researchers and students throughout the biomedical and related sciences.
- A major update, with over 3000 references from mainstream journals.
- Data from the very latest research going well beyond the remit of most science dictionaries.
- Clear explanations of terms, techniques, and tests, including commercial systems, with detailed coverage of many important procedures and methods.
- Essay–style entries on many major topics to assist newcomers to the field.
- Covers topics relevant to medicine (diagnosis, genetic disorders, gene therapy); veterinary science; biotechnology; biochemistry; pharmaceutical science/drug development; molecular biology; microbiology; epidemiology; genomics; environmental science; plant science/agriculture; taxonomy; and forensic science.