PLAN, DESIGN, and LAUNCH a BRAND in SHAREPOINT
If you are planning, designing, and launching your brand using SharePoint, this book and author trio will walk you through everything you need to know in an understandable and approachable way. From specific technologies such as master pages, page layouts, and CSS to offering best–practices and real–world experience for creating successful branding projects through SharePoint 2013, you will learn how to approach your branding project in effective new ways. This visual book provides step–by–step instructions in a simple and striking format that focuses on each of the tasks you will face in your own branding project.
SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design:
- Explains the various approaches to SharePoint branding and methodologies for creating an engaging UI.
- Guides you through planning for branding and using the Design Manager to start a design.
- Addresses implementing modern web techniques such as HTML5, jQuery, and mobile responsive design into SharePoint.
- Explores creating SharePoint branding for public facing websites as well as internal intranets, including a deep dive into how custom SharePoint branding is created from scratch.
- Provides coverage on designing apps for SharePoint.
I The Basics 1
1 What is SharePoint Branding and UI Design? 2
2 SharePoint Overview 12
3 Working with the SharePoint 2013 User Interface 34
II Planning a Design and Getting Started 84
4 Planning for Branding 86
5 Using the Design Manager to Start a Design in SharePoint 108
6 Cascading Style Sheets and SharePoint 150
III Advanced SharePoint Branding 194
7 Creating Custom Master Pages and Page Layouts 196
8 Advanced SharePoint Branding Tasks 234
9 Creating Content Rollups with SharePoint WCM 268
10 Composed Looks and Custom Branding 300
IV Other Branding Concepts 328
11 Modern Web Design and SharePoint 330
12 Designing Apps 366
Randy Drisgill, Microsoft MVP, has more than a decade of experience with developing, designing, and implementing Internet–based software. He is a coauthor of Professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design.
John Ross, Microsoft MVP, has been providing Internet solutions to clients for nearly a decade. He is a coauthor of Professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design and Real World SharePoint 2010.
Paul Stubbs is a Microsoft Architect for Windows Azure focusing on solution development and SharePoint.