With the patent cliff looming through 2014, many pharmaceutical companies are restructuring to reestablish their industry dominance. They are reinventing themselves through mergers and acquisitions, or are signing licensing deals in order to survive.
Real Publishing presents a study of key pharma industry trends. This report offers an analysis of the impact of those trends, and reforms and regulations, particularly in the U.S. and the EU.
Key Trends Explored:
- Generic drug manufacturers are gearing up to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the many patent expiries
- What trends are impacting the leading generic drug manufacturers such as Teva, Sandoz, and others
- What government regulations and policies will effect pharma company bottomlines in 2012 and beyond?
- How are pharma companies using mergers and acquisitions to maintain a competitive edge?
- What is the state of the current global pharmaceutical industry and where is it growing?
- Pharmerging countries contribute approximately half of growth, with China as third-largest market
This report is a perfect guide for your business development team, investors, market researchers, and management seeking to understand pharmaceutical market opportunities.
Global Pharmaceutical Industry
Major Drug Markets
Pharmaceuticals and Biologics
Challenge of Patent Expiries
Trends & Impacts in the Pharma Industry
Challenges Facing the Generic Market
Cost-savings with Generics
Enforcing Prescription by INN
Providing Incentives for Pharmacists
Innovation in Existing Reference Pricing Systems
Relation between U.S. Healthcare Reform and Generic Uptake
Change Likely fopr U.S. Generics' Market Entry
Tough Regulations in the EU
Innovation by Generic Producers
Impact of Price Cuts by Governments
Preference of Brand Loyalty
U.S. Healthcare Reforms Tough on Generic Companies
Emergence of ‘Pay-for-Delay' Model
Trends in BRIC Countries
Impact of Population Boom
Favorable Exclusivity Requirements for Generics
Challenges to Patent Extensions for Branded Drugs
Role of Compulsory Licensing
Preference for Branded Generics
Strict Price Regulations and Strong Industry Competition
Limited Market Access for Foreign Players
Requirement of Improvement in Good Manufacturing Practices
Trends in Market Players
Teva – the Generic Market Leader
Acquisition Spree by Sandoz
Mylan Targeting Immature Markets
Strategies of Other Players
Key Players in BRIC Countries
Sanofi Set to Become Market Leader
Trends in Mergers & Acquisitions
Patent ‘Cliff' is a Big Opportunity for Generic Players