Windows 2012 Server Network Security provides the most in-depth guide to deploying and maintaining a secure Windows network. The book drills down into all the new features of Windows 2012 and provides practical, hands-on methods for securing your Windows systems networks, including:
- Secure remote access
- Network vulnerabilities and mitigations
- DHCP installations configuration
- MAC filtering
- DNS server security
- WINS installation configuration
- Securing wired and wireless connections
- Windows personal firewall
- Remote desktop services
- Internet connection sharing
- Network diagnostics and troubleshooting
Windows network security is of primary importance due to the sheer volume of data residing on Windows networks. Windows 2012 Server Network Security provides network administrators with the most focused and in-depth coverage of Windows network security threats along with methods and techniques for securing important mission-critical networks and assets. The book also covers Windows 8.
- Provides practical examples of how to secure your Windows network.
- Focuses specifically on Windows network security rather than general concepts.
- One of the first books to cover Windows Server 2012 network security.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Network Infrastructure
Chapter 3. Secure Network Access
Chapter 4. Secure Remote Access
Chapter 5. Network Tools and Applications
Chapter 6. Network Vulnerabilities and Mitigations
Derrick Rountree (CISSP, CASP, MCSE) has been in the IT field for almost 20 years. He has a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering. Derrick has held positions as a network administrator, IT consultant, a QA engineer, and an Enterprise Architect. He has experience in network security, operating system security, application security, and secure software development. Derrick has contributed to several other Syngress and Elsevier publications on Citrix, Microsoft, and Cisco technologies.