In traveling the shifting terrain of the financial world, one is often met with confusing and even contradictory directions. In the search for a reliable path, there′s nothing like a personal guide one who can show you the most direct route to your goal. In Just One Thing, author John Mauldin offers an incomparable shortcut to prosperity: the personal guidance of an outstanding group of recognized financial experts, each offering the single most useful piece of advice garnered from years of investing.
Never before has such an esteemed assembly of financial gurus offered their most valued insights in such a succinct manner and in a single volume. In marvelously readable essays of uncommon clarity, each contributor presents the most precious kernel of advice just one thing that he would pass on to his own children and his children′s children. And now these gems of investment wisdom can be yours.
What is the most important piece of investment advice you can find? Let these twelve investment gurus share with you the "Just One Thing" each of them has learned:
A. Gary Shilling
1. Signposts in the Fog (Andy Kessler).
2. The Not–So–Simple (But Really Utterly So) Rules of Trading (Dennis Gartman).
3. The Triumph of Hope over Long–Run Experience: Using Past Returns to Predict Future Performance of a Money Manager (Mark T. Finn and Jonathan Finn, CFA).
4. The Long Bond (A. Gary Shilling, Ph.D.).
5. Risk Is Not a Knob (Ed Easterling).
6. Psychology Matters: An Investors Guide to Thinking about Thinking (James Montier).
7. The Means Are the Ends (Bill Bonner).
8. The 2 Percent Solution (Rob Arnott).
9. The Outsider Trading Scandal (George Gilder).
10. The Winner s Rule (Michael Masterson).
11. Rich Man, Poor Man (Richard Russell).
12. The Millennium Wave (John Mauldin).