Covering a wide range of topics related to neutron and x-ray optics, this book explores the aspects of neutron and x-ray optics and their associated background and applications in a manner accessible to both lower-level students while retaining the detail necessary to advanced students and researchers. It is a self-contained book with detailed mathematical derivations, background, and physical concepts presented in a linear fashion. A wide variety of sources were consulted and condensed to provide detailed derivations and coverage of the topics of neutron and x-ray optics as well as the background material needed to understand the physical and mathematical reasoning directly related or indirectly related to the theory and practice of neutron and x-ray optics. The book is written in a clear and detailed manner, making it easy to follow for a range of readers from undergraduate and graduate science, engineering, and medicine. It will prove beneficial as a standalone reference or as a complement to textbooks.
- Supplies a historical context of covered topics.
- Detailed presentation makes information easy to understand for researchers within or outside the field.
- Incorporates reviews of all relevant literature in one convenient resource.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Neutron Refractive Index in Materials and Fields
- Magnetic Neutron Scatter from Magnetic Materials
- LS Coupling Basis for Magnetic Neutron Scatter
- LS Coupled, Localized Electron Magnetic Scatter of Neutrons
- Magnetic Scatter of Neutrons in Paramagnetic Materials
- Neutron Scatter in Ferromagnetic, Anti-ferromagnetic, and Helical Magnetic Materials
- Coherent, Inelastic, Magnetic Neutron Scatter, Spin Waves, and Magnons
- Coherent, Elastic Scatter of Neutrons by Atomic Electric Field
- Diffractive X-ray and Neutron Optics
- Kirchoff Equation Solution for CRL, Pinhole, Phase Contrast Imaging
- Electromagnetic Fields of Moving Charges, Electric and Magnetic Dipoles
- Special Relativity, Electrodynamics, Least Action, and Hamiltonians
- The Klein-Gordon and Dirac Equations
- Special and General Relativity
History and Relation to Neutron and X-ray Optics
- Radiation Imaging Systems and Performance
- Neutron and Charged Particle Magnetic Optics