This thematic volume provides authoritative, up-to-date reviews addressing recent advances as well as an overview for the research and clinical communities on the endemic infection of Chagas disease. Lead researchers discuss epidemiology and control measures as well as various diagnosis techniques, treatments, and therapies currently being used. The text includes a history of Chagas disease and an outlook for the next century.
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
- Contributions from leading authorities and industry experts
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Bioactive lipids in Trypanosoma cruzi Infection Fabiana S. Machado1, Shankar Mukherjee, Louis M. Weiss, Herbert B. Tanowitz, Anthony W. Ashton
- Mechanisms of host cell invasion by Trypanosoma cruzi Kacey L. Caradonna and Barbara A. Burleigh
- Gap junctions and Chagas' disease Daniel Adesse, Regina Coeli Goldenberg, Fabio S. Fortes, Jasmin, Dumitru A. Iacobas, Sanda Iacobas, Antonio Carlos Campos de Carvalho, Maria de Narareth Meirelles, Huan Huang, Milena B. Soares, Herbert B. Tanowitz, Luciana Ribeiro Garzoni and David C. Spray
- The Vasculature in Chagas Disease Cibele M. Prado, Linda A. Jelicks, Louis M. Weiss, Stephen M. Factor, Herbert B. Tanowitz, Marcos A. Rossi
- Infection-Associated Vasculopathy in Experimental Chagas Disease: Pathogenic Roles of Endothelin and Kinin Pathways Julio Scharfstein, Daniele Andrade
- Autoimmunity Edecio Cunha-Neto, MD, PhD; Priscila Camillo Teixeira, PhD; Luciana Gabriel Nogueira, PhD; Jorge Kalil, MD, PhD
- ROS signaling of inflammatory cytokines during T. cruzi infection Shivali Gupta, Monisha Dhiman, Jian-jun Wen, Nisha Jain Garg
- Inflammation and Chagas disease: some mechanisms and relevance. Talvani A and Teixeira MM
- Neurodegeneration and neuroregeneration in Chagas' disease Marina V. Chuenkova and Mercio Pereira-Perrin
- Adipose tissue, Diabetes and Chagas Disease Herbert B. Tanowitz, Linda A. Jelicks, Fabiana S. Machado, Lisia Esper, Xiaohua Qi, Mahalia S. Desruisseaux, Streamson C. Chua, Philipp E. Scherer, Fnu Nagajyothi