This book focuses on their imaging applications and related properties. It examines the two groups of amorphous semiconductors that are of most commercial interest:
- the chalcogenide glasses- the tetrahedrally bonded amorphous solids such as amorphous silicon, germanium and related alloys
Both of these groups may be conveniently prepared in the form of thin/thick films which is of considerable importance in applications where large-area coverage of flat or curved surfaces of rigid or flexible materials is desirable such as in photovoltaic arrays, X-Ray sensors, display screens and photocopier drums.
- Provides information on the amorphous semiconductors that are of most commercial interest- Presents the history of the commercial applications, the latest developments and future possibilities
- Preparation of Amorphous Selenium Photoconductor Films by Vacuum Deposition
- Molecular Structure Of Se-Rich Amorphous Films
- Effect Of Thermal Evaporation Conditions On Structure And Structural Changes In Amorphous Arsenic Sulfides
- The big Invention of the 20th century
- Xerographic Spectroscopy Of Gap States: Se-Rich Amorphous Semiconductors
- Effect Of Antimony Alloying On Photoelectronic Properties Of A-Se
- High Definition Tv Pickup Tubes
- X-ray photoconductors for direct conversion digital flat-panel X-Ray image detectors
Victor I. Mikla, PhD, is Chair of Physical & Mathematical Disciplines in the Department of Humanities & Natural Sciences at Uzhhgorod National University, Uzhhorod, Ukraine. Dr. Mikla specializes in photo-electronic materials and devices, and has published research articles widely on a broad range of inter-disciplinary topics including metastable states in amorphous chalcogenides, trap level spectroscopy, medical and non-medical imaging applications of amorphous semiconductors, xerographic spectroscopy, photo-induced & structural changes, and raman scattering.
Mikla, Victor V.
Dr. Victor V. Mikla is affiliated with the Physical & Mathematical Disciplines, Department of Humanities & Natural Sciences, Uzhhgorod National University, Uzhhgorod,Ukraine