Long recognized as the bestselling textbook for teaching food engineering to food science students, this 5e transitions with today's students from traditional textbook learning to integrated presentation of the key concepts of food engineering. Using carefully selected examples, Singh and Heldman demonstrate the relationship of engineering to the chemistry, microbiology, nutrition and processing of foods in a uniquely practical blend. This approach facilitates comprehensive learning that has proven valuable beyond the classroom as a lifetime professional reference.
- Communicates key concepts using audio, video, and animations
- Integrates interactive tools to aid in understanding complex charts and graphs
- Features multimedia guide to setting up Excel spreadsheets and working with formulae
- Demonstrates key processes and engineering in practice through videos
- Shows the relationship of engineering to the chemistry, microbiology, nutrition and processing of foods via carefully selected examples
- Presents a practical, unique and challenging blend of principles and applications for comprehensive learning
- Ideal for classroom use, valuable as a lifetime professional reference
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Fluid Flow in Food Processing
Heat Transfer in Food Processing
Extrusion Processes for Foods
R. Paul Singh is a distinguished professor of food engineering at the University of California, Davis. The American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) awarded him the Young Educator Award in 1986, the Kishida International Award in 2007, and the Massey Ferguson Education Gold Medal Award in 2013. In 2007, Singh was recognized with a Food Engineering Lifetime Achievement Award by the International Association of Engineering and Food.In 2008, Singh was elected to the US National Academy of Engineering "for innovation and leadership in food engineering research and education.
Heldman, Dennis R.
Dennis R. Heldman is the Dale A. Seiberling Endowed Professor of Food Engineering at The Ohio State University. He is also and Adjunct Professor at the University of California-Davis and Professor Emeritus at the University of Missouri. He has been author or co-author of over 150 research projects and several books. He served as President of the Institute of Food Technologists in 2006-07, and was recognized with the Food Engineering Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Association for Engineering and Food in 2011.