NEW to this Edition:
- Coverage of terrorism and associated law.
- Student ancillary aids, including self assessment, a question bank, and case study assets.
- Updated Legal News sections.
- Each chapter includes outline, key terms and concepts, guidance to help the reader understand what is important in each chapter, as well as Legal News sections, highlighting current criminal law issues.
- Part II contains briefs of judicial decisions related to the topics covered in the text, in order to help the reader learn rule of law as well as the reasoning of the court that guides future court rulings.
- Part III contains a glossary and a table of cases.
2. Principles of Criminal Liability
3. Capacity and Defenses
4. Preparatory Activity Offenses
5. Offenses Against Persons-Excluding Sex Offenses
6. Offenses Against Persons-Sex Related
7. Offenses Against Property-Destruction and Intrusion Offenses
8. Offenses Involving Theft and Deception
9. Offenses Involving Morality and Decency
10. Offenses Against Public Peace
11. Offenses Against Justice Administration
12. United States Criminal Code: Offenses Against Persons and Property
13. United States Criminal Code: Other Offenses
Part II: Judicial Decisions Relating to Part I
Part III: Constitution of the United States of America, Glossary, and Table of Cases
Joycelyn M. Pollock (Ph.D., State University of New York at Albany; J.D., University of Houston) is Professor of Criminal Justice at Texas State University. She has published more than 25 books (including subsequent editions) in the areas of ethics, female criminality, corrections, and law. In 2011, she was appointed to the U.S. Office of Justice Programs Science Advisory Board.