This report provides unique data in the following areas:
- the value of commercial non-life insurance markets for 2010 to 2014;
- the share of this market distributed by brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the revenues generated by commercial non-life insurance business for brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the concentration of the market for commercial non-life insurance broking in 2014 (including a comparison with 2012);
- forecasts for 2018 for the value of commercial non-life insurance premiums, brokers' share of this market and their revenues from commercial non-life insurance business.
Moreover, the report, BrokerBASE™ and market data file can be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to quantify the size and dynamism of the broker market for commercial non-life insurance in Brazil;
- to utilise a single comprehensive source of information that uses a uniform methodology to size the underlying commercial non-life insurance market and to quantify brokers’ share of distribution;
- to assess a range of potential business opportunities: from selecting targets for acquisition to niche product development and ideas for distribution partnerships;
- to understand the competitive landscape in Brazil through its market concentration, the importance of international brokers, and brokers' distribution strategies;
- to identify the leading brokers in Brazil, with coverage of competitors such as Aon, Brasil Insurance, Marsh, Par Corretora and Willis.
What is this report about?
The focus is uniquely on commercial non-life insurance, excluding other types of business...
...and on brokerage, even where intermediaries can act as both agents and brokers
Market data analysis
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
Resolution 297 of October 2013 aims to bring greater clarity to the activities of ‘de facto’ agents in Brazil...
... and will have some impact on commercial lines distribution (but more on personal lines)
Commercial non-life insurance market
Brazil’s commercial lines insurance market has expanded at a healthy rate in recent years...
...with liability insurance outperforming other segments
Commercial non-life insurance brokers
Overview of brokers’ presence in the distribution of commercial non-life insurance
Brokers dominate sales of commercial non-life insurance in Brazil...
... although their distribution share may have slipped slightly
Competitor trends and specialisms
The market for commercial non-life insurance broking remains relatively fragmented...
... with Aon and Marsh and the clear leaders, especially among multinational clients
Since its public listing, Brasil Insurance has continued to grow through multiple acquisitions
The brokerages ranked fourth and fifth possess contrasting customer bases...
... and the ones in sixth and seventh positions serve large numbers of both corporate and individual clients
Colemont acts as a both a retail and reinsurance broker in Brazil
Brokers are often active in other areas of financial intermediation in addition to commercial lines...
... especially personal insurance and employee benefits
Brokers’ distribution strategies
A few of the top 30 commercial lines brokers specialise by product and / or client sector
Most international broker networks have at least one local partner in Brazil
Brokers will remain the dominant distribution system for commercial non-life insurance up to 2018...
... albeit regulatory changes will have some impact on their operating environment
LIST OF GRAPHICS / TABLES
0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Key market data for commercial non-life insurance brokers in Brazil
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
Segmentation of the commercial non-life insurance market in Brazil, 2014
Growth in the commercial non-life insurance market in Brazil by segment, 2010 to 2014
Size and growth of the commercial non-life insurance market in Brazil by segment, 2010 to 2014 (table)
Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2010 and 2014
Brokers’ share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2010 and 2014 (table)
Market concentration for commercial non-life insurance broking in Brazil, 2010 and 2014
Market shares of commercial non-life insurance broking revenues of the top ten brokers in Brazil, 2014
Importance of different types of insurance broking for the top 30 commercial non-life insurance brokers in Brazil
Importance of different types of insurance broking for the top 30 commercial non-life insurance brokers in Brazil (continued)
Partners of major international broker networks in Brazil
Brokers’ forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2018
Brokers’ forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2018 (table)