--Nancy Axelrod, executive director, National Center for Nonprofit Boards
Presents strategies used by effective executives to position their organizations and offers guidance on how executives can work more productively with their boards.
1. New Challenges for Nonprofit Executives.
2. Understanding Nonprofit Organizations and Their Environment.
3. Making Sense of Board-Executive Relationships.
4. Key Leadership Strategies for Nonprofit Executives.
5. Engaging and Developing the Board.
6. Learning Board-Centered Leadership Skills: Guidelines for the Chief Executive.
Resources: Self-Assessment Questionnaires for Clarifying Roles and Responsibilities of Boards and Executives,