Clay-Containing Polymer Nanocomposites covers everything from fundamental understanding to real applications of clay-containing polymer nanocomposites, including environmental considerations. The book's coverage of fundamentals and generalities, in addition to in-depth coverage of polymer layered silicate nanocomposites, make it a valuable companion for beginners in the field as well as more seasoned researchers. This book provides a rare coherent approach to this class of materials.
This title is ideal for polymer and material scientists, researchers, and engineers, including under- and post-graduate students who are interested in this exciting field of research. This book will also help industrial researchers and R&D managers who want to bring advanced polymeric material based products into the market.
- Details crystallization behavior and kinetics to aid in applications such as injection molding
- Covers melt-state rheological properties, aiding understanding of the processability of materials
- Presents applications and market potential, supporting R&D managers who want to bring advanced polymeric material-based products into the market.
- Introduction (including market survey)
- Polymer nanocomposites: Generalities
- Fundamental aspects
- Characterization techniques
- Preparation and characterization
- Properties (including various modelling)
- Melt-state rheology: Structure-propety relationship
- Crystallization behavior and kinetics
- Environmental implications
- Current applications and future prospects