Traditionally, engineers have used laboratory testing to investigate the behavior of metal structures and systems. These numerical models must be carefully developed, calibrated and validated against the available physical test results. They are commonly complex and very expensive. From concept to assembly, Finite Element Analysis and Design of Metal Structures provides civil and structural engineers with the concepts and procedures needed to build accurate numerical models without using expensive laboratory testing methods. Professionals and researchers will find Finite Element Analysis and Design of Metal Structures a valuable guide to finite elements in terms of its applications.
- Presents design examples for metal tubular connections
- Simplified review for general steps of finite element analysis
- Commonly used linear and nonlinear analyses in finite element modeling
- Realistic examples of concepts and procedures for Finite Element Analysis and Design
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. The general steps of finite element analysis
3. Finite element modelling
4. Linear and nonlinear finite element analyses
5. Examples for finite element models of metal columns
6. Examples for finite element models of metal beams
7. Examples for finite element models of metal tubular connections
8. Design examples for metal tubular connections