Natural products in the plant and animal kingdom offer a huge diversity of chemical structures that are the result of biosynthetic processes that have been modulated over the millennia through genetic effects. With the rapid developments in spectroscopic techniques and accompanying advances in high-throughput screening techniques, it has become possible to isolate and then determine the structures and biological activity of natural products rapidly, thus opening up exciting new opportunities in the field of new drug development to the pharmaceutical industry.
The series also covers the synthesis or testing and recording of the medicinal properties of natural products.
- Describes the chemistry of bioactive natural products
- Contains contributions by leading authorities in the field
- A valuable resource for natural products and medicinal chemistry
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
3. Synthesis of bioactive natural products by propargylic carboxylic ester rearrangements
4. Catalytic asymmetric strategies for the synthesis of 3,3-disubstituted oxindoles
isolation, properties and synthesis
6. Progress in the syntheses of dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans
7. Lessons from the sea: distribution, SAR and molecular mechanisms of anti-inflammatory drugs from marine organisms
8. Marine resource: a promising future for anticancer drugs
9. 14β-hydroxy pregnanes from succulent plants belonging to Hoodia gordonii and Caralluma genus: Extraction, biological activities and synthesis
10. Chemico-biological aspects of plant lectins with a preference to legume lectins
11. Lycopene. A review of chemical and biological activity related to beneficial health effects
12. Oleuropeic and menthiafolic acid glucose esters from plants: shared structural relationships and biological activities
13. Pharmacological effects of Cordyceps and its bioactive compounds
14. Silymarin flavonolignans: structure-activity relationship and biosynthesis15. Natural antioxidants in cosmetics