The industry for petrochemicals in Algeria can be labeled as the next big thing in the North African region. The Algerian government has set out a US$80bn five-year investment budget for the industry as a result of investment in the country's unconventional gas reserves. This will have an inevitable effect on the petrochemicals industry, not only because there will be more gas available for feedstock, but also because Sonatrach will have more money to invest in revamping and boosting its petrochemicals industries.
Sonatrach and Sonalmeth are the top players in the industry currently.
In this industry scenario, Thsi report analyzes the Petrochemicals Industry in Algeria and covers the following:
- An analysis of the global petrochemicals industry in the aftermath of the Japan earthquake and the nuclear disaster in Japan.
- An analysis of the petrochemicals industry in Africa in order to establish the importance of the Algerian petrochemicals industry in the region.
- An analysis of the petrochemical industry in Algeria including market profile, production statistics of petrochemicals, upstream activity, olefins market, methanol market and the trends in the industry.
- A SWOT analysis of the Algerian petrochemical industry is carried out.
- Regulatory framework impacting the Algerian petrochemical industry is analyzed.
- Major industry player, Sonatrach, is analyzed through a company overview, analysis of business segments, a look at their major products and services, financial analysis and a SWOT analysis.
- An industry outlook completes this in-depth analysis of Algeria’s petrochemical industry.
This report on the Petrochemicals Industry in Algeria is a complete profile of this growingly competitive industry in Algeria that is fast making its presence felt across the world.
2. Global Petrochemical Industry
2.1 Industry Overview
2.2 Ethylene Market
2.3 US Petrochemical Market
2.4 Role of the Asian Petrochemical Market
2.5 Growth in the Middle East Markets
3. Petrochemical Industry in Africa
4. Petrochemical Industry in Algeria
4.1 Industry Overview
4.2 Methanol Sector
4.3 Olefins & Polyolefins Sector
4.4 Upstream Sector
4.5 Fertilizer Sector
4.6 Investment in the Industry
5. Petrochemical Industry in Algeria: SWOT Analysis
6. Regulatory Framework
7. Petrochemical Industry in Algeria: Industry Forecast
8. Major Players
8.1 Sonatrach SPA
8.1.1 Company Overview
8.1.2 Segment Analysis
8.1.3 Major Products & Services
8.1.4 Financial Analysis
8.1.5 SWOT Analysis
10. Research Methodology
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Ethylene Capacity, 2012
Figure 2: Global Ethylene Capacity by Key Markets
Figure 3: Ethylene & Polyethylene Capacity in Africa
List of Tables
Table 1: Cracker Capacity in Algeria, 2012-2017
Table 2: Petrochemical Capacity at the Upcoming Arzew Complex
Table 3: Capacity of the Arzew Petrochemical Complex by 2014 (in '000 tons)
Table 4: Forecast for Algeria Petrochemical Industry to 2017