The $10bn three phase master plan, launched by state-owned Egyptian General Petroleum Corp. (EGPC) in 2002 envisages more than 20 greenfield facilities by 2022. This would include 50 production units with a total capacity of around 15m tons/year of intermediates and final products. The plan includes olefins and polyolefins complexes, as well as plants to produce aromatics and methanol. A methanol-to-olefins facility is part of Egypt's vision with downstream polyolefins facilities.
The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Co. (Echem) is executing the program to be spread across seven sites in the north of the country and covering almost 30m square meters. One hundred thousand direct and indirect jobs would be created.
In this industry scenario, This report analyzes the Petrochemicals Industry in Egypt. The report also covers the following:
- An analysis of the global petrochemicals industry.
- An analysis of the petrochemicals industry in Middle East and Africa in order to establish the importance of the Egyptian petrochemicals industry in the region.
- An analysis of the petrochemical industry in Egypt including market profile, production statistics of petrochemicals, upstream activity, olefins sector and the fertilizers sector, along with the general developmental trends in the industry.
- A SWOT analysis of the Egyptian petrochemical industry is carried out.
- Major industry players such as Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company and Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals are analyzed.
- An industry outlook completes this in-depth analysis of Egypt’s petrochemical industry.
2. Global Petrochemical Industry
2.1 Industry Overview
2.2 Ethylene Market
2.3 US Petrochemical Market
2.4 Role of the Asian Petrochemical Market
2.5 Growth in the Middle East Markets
3. Petrochemical Industry in Middle East & Africa
4. Petrochemical Industry in Egypt
4.1 Industry Overview
4.2 Fertilizer Sector
4.3 Upstream Sector
4.4 Olefins Sector
4.5 Industry SWOT Analysis
5. Petrochemical Industry in Egypt: Industry Forecast
6. Major Players
6.1 Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company
6.2 Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals
8. Research Methodology