Among the planned increases in capacity over the coming financial year is the second phase of the Kavyan Petrochemicals project in Bushehr, which will involve an extra 1mntpa of ethylene there by doubling its capacity.
With a surge in capacity coinciding with a decline in key industrial consumers, it is believed that new capacity is unlikely to provide growth in production. While the plants may nominally come on stream, operation rates are likely to be low and plants will be operating at a loss.
To operate at reasonable levels of capacity utilization, olefins output would have to increase by a third and polymers by a third, but the demand does not exist and may not have existed even without the sanctions regime.
National Petrochemicals Company (NPC) and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) are the top players in the industry.
In this industry scenario, This report analyzes the Petrochemicals Industry in Iran. The report also covers the following:
- An analysis of the global petrochemicals industry.
- An analysis of the petrochemicals industry in Middle East and Africa in order to establish the importance of the Iranian petrochemicals industry in the region.
- An analysis of the petrochemical industry in Iran including market profile, production statistics of petrochemicals, upstream activity, olefins sector and the fertilizers sector, along with the general developmental trends in the industry.
- A SWOT analysis of the Iranian petrochemical industry is carried out.
- Major industry players such as Iranian Petrochemical and SABIC are analyzed.
- An industry outlook completes this in-depth analysis of Iran’s petrochemical industry.
2. Global Petrochemical Industry
2.1 Industry Overview
2.2 Ethylene Market
2.3 US Petrochemical Market
2.4 Role of the Asian Petrochemical Market
2.5 Growth in the Middle East Markets
3. Petrochemical Industry in Middle East & Africa
4. Petrochemical Industry in Iran
4.1 Industry Overview
4.2 EU Sanctions & Impact on the Petrochemical Industry
4.3 Industry Developments
4.4 Industry Privatization
4.5 Industry SWOT Analysis
5. Petrochemical Industry in Iran: Industry Forecast
6. Major Players
6.1 National Petrochemical Company
6.2 Iran Petrochemical Commercial Company
6.3 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
8. Research Methodology