Over the next few years, the global Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) market is expected to grow from $18.6 billion in 2012 to $26.0 billion in 2017. The continued uptake of anti-TNFs, expanded use of other biologics, and the introduction of Pfizer's US approved oral therapy Xeljanz (tofacitinib) will drive sales in this lucrative indication. So what are the key factors impacting the current and future changes? And is there room for your product in this crowded arena?
The next five years
Gain instant access to an accurate, unbiased, qualitative review of the latest treatment trends, and five-year quantitative RA market forecast with Therapy Trends: Rheumatoid Arthritis. This comprehensive FirstWord research is available to you in two modules: KOL Insight and Consensus Outlook.
Therapy Trends KOL Insight: Rheumatoid Arthritis analyses the current and predicted key issues, clinical advances and late-stage pipeline products in the international and US RA markets. KOL Insight gives you qualitative, inside information from exclusive FirstWord interviews with 12 key opinion leaders (KOLs) in Europe and the US through the following:
- KOL Insight Report — an in-depth analytical report on RA treatment trends
- Full report updates — issued to you after each major RA market event
- Event Bulletins — the latest KOL views in response to each event
Key Report Features:
- Assessment of leading Rheumatoid Arthritis market brands
- Analysis of late-stage pipeline therapies
- Predicted market growth in the US and key market regions
- Unmet clinical needs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Main factors likely to affect market share of RA drugs in major markets
- The impact of new product entrants and modes of action
- Predicted KOL treatment trends and market leaders
- Ongoing FirstWord RA clinical and market updates
Additionally, Therapy Trends offers you on-going KOL Event Bulletins during the next 12 months. These will cover the latest KOL views on the impact of major RA market events, such as new clinical study results, product approvals and drug withdrawals. FirstWord will deliver these bulletins to you within days of a significant news event.
Your Critical Questions Answered:
- Which key factors are driving RA drugs up the treatment algorithm?
- What will be the positioning and impact of Xeljanz on the market?
- What does the Phase III OSKIRA results mean for Rigelâ??s fostamatinib?
- How are biologics (Orencia, Rituxan, Actemra) affecting the market?
- Could new anti-TNFs (Cimzia, Simponi) threaten first-line Humira?
- How do late-stage pipeline products compare with existing brands?
- What are the unmet clinical needs for RA physicians and patients?
- What strategies are companies using to position new RA agents?
- What are the strengths and flaws of oral, IV and SC arthritis agents?
- How could biosimilars erode current anti-TNF market shares?
- What are the market share forecasts by class and company?
- What will be the key future events that will impact future sales revenue?
- What and when will be the positive and negative events that will impact the market? How will future dynamics in the RA armamentarium unfold compared to historical trends?
KOL Insight Benefits:
- Assess predicted RA market changes
- Evaluate first to fourth-line RA drugs
- Review the threat of biologics and biosimilars
- Analyse expected prescribing trends
- Learn about late-stage pipeline products
- Compare new SC, IV and oral RA drugs
- Track KOL views for the next 12 months
Current Rheumatoid Arthritis Marketplace
- Current treatment landscape
- Rheumatoid Arthritis market definition
- Current market overview
- Reimbursement of key Rheumatoid Arthritis brands
- UK advisory board's U-turn for wider use of RA drugs
- Unmet needs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Unmet need 1: More efficacious therapies
- Unmet need 2: Personalised medicine
- Unmet need 3: Earlier diagnosis for treatment
- Unmet need 4: Cheaper therapies
- Unmet need 5: Improved safety profile
- Unmet need 6: Drugs to halt or reverse damage
- Unmet need 7: Improved mode of administration
Current Rheumatoid Arthritis therapies
- Pivotal trial data of approved therapies
- Anti-TNF therapies
- Enbrel (etanercept; Amgen/Pfizer/Takeda) treatment trends
- Humira (adalimumab; Abbott/Eisai) treatment trends
- Remicade (infliximab; Janssen Biotech/Johnson & Johnson/Merck & Co./Mitsubishi Tanabe) treatment trends
- Simponi (golimumab; Janssen Biotech/Johnson & Johnson/Merck & Co./Mitsubishi Tanabe) treatment trends
- Cimzia (certolizumab; UCB) treatment trends
- Other biologic therapies
- Orencia (abatacept) treatment trends
- Rituxan/MabThera (rituximab; Genentech/Biogen Idec/Roche/ Chugai) treatment trends
- Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab; Chugai/Roche) treatment trends
- Current treatment algorithm
- Methotrexate: the first-line therapy of choice
- Anti-TNFs: second-line RA therapies
- The commercial challenge of RA drug switching
- Beyond TNF-inhibitors: second and third-line therapies
Future Rheumatoid Arthritis therapies
- Future treatment landscape
- Tofacitinib (CP-690,550; Pfizer/Takeda) treatment trends
- Fostamatinib disodium (R788; AstraZeneca/Rigel Pharmaceuticals) treatment trends
- Secukinumab (AIN457; Novartis) treatment trends
- More aggressive, earlier treatment
- Tofacitinib: expanded use as experience rises
- Numerous treatment options may confuse prescribers and patients
Future developments in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Novel targets in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Biosimilar threat is imminent
- Eventual development of biomarkers will aid treatment
- Patient recruitment will be harder for developers
- Clinical trials will have to evolve in the future
FirstWord Rheumatoid Arthritis news analysis
- Positive Rheumatoid Arthritis key news events
- Current therapies
- Pipeline therapies
- Company therapies
- Negative Rheumatoid Arthritis key news events
- Marketed therapies
- Pipeline therapies
- Company therapies
- KOL biographies
- KOLs from North America
- KOLs from Europe
- Links to Rheumatoid Arthritis News Stories Jan 2011-May 2012