Based on more than 150 interviews with experts in business, international organizations, NGOs and universities from around the world, this book brings together all the pieces of the business and sustainability puzzle including:
- What sustainability is, why you should be interested, how to get started, and what a sustainable organization looks like.
- A wide range of tools, guidelines, techniques and concepts that you can use to implement sustainability practices.
- Information on how to be a sustainability champion or intrapraneur in your organization including how to sell these ideas to your team and how to incorporate them into any job.
- A survey of the exciting trends in sustainable business happening around the world.
- A wealth of links to interesting resources for more information.
The Sustainable MBA Second Edition is organized like a business school course, allowing you easy access to the relevant information you need about sustainability as it relates to Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Ethics, Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour and HR, Operations and Strategy.
The Sustainable MBA Second Edition has been updated to reflect global developments in this evolving field to remain the definitive guide to sustainable business. Additional resources to accompany the book are available at <a href="[external URL]
PART I: SETTING THE SCENE 1
Chapter 1: About this Book 3
Chapter 2: What is Sustainability? 13
Chapter 3: What does this Mean for Business? 23
Chapter 4: The Sustainability Journey 33
Chapter 5: Getting Started 41
PART II: THE CORE TOPICS 51
Chapter 6: Accounting 55
Chapter 7: Economics 85
Chapter 8: Entrepreneurship 123
Chapter 9: Ethics and Corporate Governance 153
Chapter 10: Finance 183
Chapter 11: Marketing 217
Chapter 12: Operations 255
Chapter 13: HR and Organizational Behavior 295
Chapter 14: Strategy 323
PART III: TOOLS 361
Chapter 15: Tools for Monitoring, Managing, and Improving Performance 363
Chapter 16: Tools for Greening Offices and Buildings 377
PART IV: WRAPPING IT ALL UP 399
Chapter 17: What Can I Do? 401
Chapter 18: What will the Future Bring? 409
Giselle Weybrecht is determined to make sustainability everybody’s business. Her work is focused on how to inspire and engage the next generation of business leaders to not only understand sustainability, but to put it into practice in ways that make sense for the environment, society and business. She has 15 years of experience working in sustainability in particular with the United Nations but also with governments, universities, NGOs, businesses and entrepreneurs. Giselle has a MBA from London Business School and is a frequent lecturer at universities around the world.