The retail sector is likely to drive consumption of plastics in the UAE. Although consumer products will largely be imported, retail drives plastic packaging, providing a boost to PE, PP and PET segments. Construction is expected to show steady growth. This should stimulate consumption in PVC. Altogether, the UAE should witness broad-based growth in polymer plastics. UAE exporters will increasingly feel the squeeze of moderating economic activity in Europe and Asia and the continuing growth in capacity in emerging markets.
The availability of naphtha in the UAE will be boosted by refinery expansion at Ruwais, helping to retain the Emirati industry's competitive edge and enabling it to produce a wider range of products. The 400,000b/d Ruwais refinery is undergoing an expansion scheduled for completion at end-2013 with full operations scheduled for 2014.
In this industry scenario, This report analyzes the Petrochemicals Industry in UAE. The report covers the following:
- An analysis of the global petrochemicals industry.
- An analysis of the petrochemicals industry in the Middle East in order to establish the importance of the Israeli petrochemicals industry in the region.
- An analysis of the petrochemical industry in the UAE including market profile, production statistics of petrochemicals, the petrochemicals industry in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, along with the general developmental trends in the industry.
- A SWOT analysis of the UAE petrochemical industry is carried out.
- Major industry players such as Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and others are analyzed.
- An industry outlook completes this in-depth analysis of UAE’s petrochemical industry.
This report on the Petrochemicals Industry in UAE is a complete profile of this growingly competitive industry in UAE that is fast making its presence felt across the world.
2. Global Petrochemical Industry
2.1 Industry Overview
2.2 Ethylene Market
2.3 US Petrochemical Market
2.4 Role of the Asian Petrochemical Market
2.5 Growth in the Middle East Markets
3. Petrochemical Industry in the Middle East
4. Petrochemical Industry in UAE
4.1 Industry Overview
4.2 Petrochemicals in Abu Dhabi
4.3 Petrochemicals in Dubai & Others
4.4 Industry Developments
4.5 Industry SWOT Analysis
5. Petrochemical Industry in UAE: Industry Forecast
6. Major Players
6.1 Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
6.2 Abu Dhabi Polymers
8. Research Methodology