Your organization is probably under attack right now.
What are you doing about it?
Cyber crime is perhaps the fastest–growing crime category, increasing by as much as 300 percent each year. Your organization is undoubtedly under attack at this very moment.
This book looks at security systemically. Beginning with the use of antipatterns and moving through improvements in security architecture, customizing tools, effective pen testing, and network monitoring, it demonstrates how to build security into your systems. Whether you′re dealing with a small business or a major enterprise, you′ll learn how to create and maintain cybersecurity that works.
- Examine a range of common antipatterns and their refactored solutions
- Ensure protection of Linux as well as Windows environments
- Learn specific tools and protocols for securing healthcare IT
- Use the exercises at the end of each chapter to improve your understanding
- Educate your staff with a cybersecurity course built on this guide
- Learn how to create, use, and migrate virtual machines for testing
- Understand how cloud computing affects enterprise security
- Customize BackTrack Linux test discs with advanced tools
- Dive deeper into intense topics such as advanced Wireshark/tcpdump filtering, Windows/Linux/Python network programming, and invoking automated Metasploit attacks from operating system command lines and scripts
Visit [external URL] for a custom course syllabus, PowerPoint slides, and test bank, as well as downloadable custom scripts for Advanced Log Analysis
Part I Cyber Network Security Concepts 1
Chapter 1 Executive Summary 3
Chapter 2 The Problems: Cyber Antipatterns 15
Chapter 3 Enterprise Security Using the Zachman Framework 37
Part II Cyber Network Security Hands–On 59
Chapter 4 Network Administration for Security Professionals 61
Chapter 5 Customizing BackTrack and Security Tools 103
Chapter 6 Protocol Analysis and Network Programming 115
Chapter 7 Reconnaissance, Vulnerability Assessment, and Cyber Testing 139
Chapter 8 Penetration Testing 165
Chapter 9 Cyber Network Defense Using Advanced Log Analysis 189
Part III Cyber Network Application Domains 217
Chapter 10 Cybersecurity for End Users, Social Media, and Virtual Worlds 219
Chapter 11 Cybersecurity Essentials for Small Business 233
Chapter 12 Large Enterprise Cybersecurity: Data Centers and Clouds 241
Chapter 13 Healthcare Information Technology Security 269
Chapter 14 Cyber Warfare: An Architecture for Deterrence 277
Thomas J. Mowbray, PhD, holds gold–level certification from the SANS Institute in network penetration and ethical hacking. Dr. Mowbray, who has earned a doctorate in computer science, has co–authored five other professional books, including Wiley′s bestseller Antipatterns: Refactoring Software, Architectures, and Projects in Crisis. After founding the Northrup Grumman Cyber Warfare Community of Practice, Dr. Mowbray joined the Certification and Accreditation Team (an elite cybersecurity test group) as their network administrator, security tools customizer, and hands–on penetration tester. At the time of writing, Dr. Mowbray is the Chief Enterprise Architect of The Ohio State University.