Marketing To Tweens & Teens delivers strategies, tactics, and over 100 mini-case studies to help you devise the right marketing programs to successfully reach both groups.
This comprehensive report reveals:
- Strategies for reaching the youngest consumers through social media, sponsorship, and blockbuster movies and TV shows;
- How retailers, apparel companies, electronics manufacturers, beverage brands, sports leagues, travel companies, and others execute youth-oriented promotions;
- Tactics used by automotive, CPG, entertainment, publishing, theme park, video game, and 12 other industry sectors specifically to market to tweens and teens;
- Contact information for more than 100 marketing professionals at 7-Eleven, Nickelodeon, Marriott, the National Basketball Association, and other youth oriented organizations.
Today's 20.9 million U.S. teens have more money and more autonomy over their purchases than their tween counterparts. However, along with spending their own money, the 21 million U.S. tweens wield tremendous influence over their parent's spending.
Do you know?
- What kids' preferred prizes are when entering contests?
- How Honda, Coca-Cola and Vans use social media to keep tween-/teen-oriented sponsorships fresh?
- Whose opinions count most when children make their own purchases?
- Why General Mills, Kellogg, Post, and many non-food companies develop child-targeted, brand-specific websites?
Learn how to engage today's tweens and teens. Use Marketing To Tweens & Teens to understand youth mindsets, beliefs, and environment - and to capture their spending power.
PART I: GENERAL STRATEGY
REACHING THE YOUNGEST CONSUMERS
Comparing 6-12-Year-Olds Across 12 Countries: Spending, Influencing Parents' Purchases, Devices They Use
- Kids' Favorite Activites, By Gender
- Values Children 6-12 Worldwide Say Are Most Important To Them
- Primary Changes Children Ages 6-12 In 12 Countries Have Made To Have Healthier Eating Habits
When Buying For Under 8s, Nag Factor Is The Least Of It; Unraveling The Real Influences Behind Moms' Purchases
- Major Purchases Parents Make When They Have Children
Parents And Kids: Who Has The Final Say In Purchases?
- Family Decision-Making Process
- Level Of Influence Kids Have On Purchases In Select Categories, According To Parents
- The Grey Area Of Youth Marketing: Reaching Kids With Products Designed For Teens Or Adults
Five Strategies Youth Marketers Need To Utilize While Using Social Media
Teens Text To Talk With Friends, But They Want Brands To Use Email To Reach Them
- How Teens Ages 15-17 Prefer To Be Contacted By Brands
- Social Media Activities Teens Ages 15-17 Do At Least Once A Day
- Preferred Channel For Teens To Receive Select Information
- Ways Teens Ages 15-17 Have Been Influenced To Purchase A Product Or Service During Past Year
Social TV: The Next Big Thing For Reaching Teens?
- When TV Viewers Go Online To Discuss TV Shows, Among Those Who Do So
Millennials Learn About Facebook Fan Pages Via Friends And By Accident
- Ways Millennials Learn About Facebook Fan Pages
SOCIAL MEDIA VS. TRADITIONAL MARKETING
General Motors Seeks MTV's Cool Factor, While Ford Embraces Social Media In Order To Appeal To Young Drivers
- Who Teaches Teens To Drive
How To Build A Kid-Friendly Blockbuster: Create Conflict, Include Many Characters, And Link To Cultural Trends
- Reasons Why Kids Dislike Entertainment Properties, By Age
- Iconic Characters That Viewers Most Want To See In Movies, By Age
Not Taking It For Granted: How Brands Keep Sponsorships Fresh Over The Years
PART II: EXECUTION BY INDUSTRY SECTOR
Retailers Leverage Technology To Appeal To Teen Shoppers; Who's Doing What...And What's Working
- Spotlight On Teen Retailers
How Much Influence Do Kids Wield With Apparel Purchases?
- Primary Influences On Purchases Of Children's Apparel And Accessories, And Where To Purchase
- Age When Parents Feel Children Can Select Their Own Clothing, By Annual Household Income
User-Generated Content Influences Millennial Purchases For Electronics, Cars, And Travel
- Purchases For Which Millennials Seek User-Generated Content To Aid Their Purchase Decisions
Beverage Brands Spend $948 Million Each Year To Reach Youth; TV Ads Remain Dominant Outlay
- Total Number Of TV Ads Viewed Annually, According To Age Groups, By Beverage Category
- Teens' Annual Exposure To Advertising, By Company And Channel
- iPhone Beverage-Sponsored Apps, Usage By 12-17 Years Olds
Beverage Brands Feature Images, Promotions To Appeal To Children
- Child-Specific Packaging And Promotions Offered By Beverage Brands, By Category
Food, Beverage Marketers Still Under Fire In Obesity Fight, Government Initiatives Deliver Mixed Messages
- 10 Cereals Most Frequently Marketed To Children On TV
- Total Advertising For Child And Family Cereal Brands, By Companys
- Healthiest Grocery Stores
Cereal Brands Reduce Reliance On Online Ads For Reaching Kids
- Top Third-Party Youth Websites Featuring Advertising For Child-Targeted Cereal Brands
- Average Monthly Visitors Ages 2-11 For Popular Cereal Brand Websites
- Proportion Of Online Ads By Cereal Brands That Are Placed On Youth Websites
Casual Dining Restaurant Chains Appeal To Families By Emphasizing Sophisticated Kid Menu Items And Low Prices
- Families' Favorite Casual Dining Restaurants
- Top 10 Casual Chains That Are Most Accommodating To Children, Say Parents
- Spotlight On Dine-In Chains
Major Sports Leagues Are Diversifying Socially-Positive Youth Initiatives; Moving Beyond Obesity
- Cost For A Family Of Four To Attend Sports Events
- Spotlight On Sports Leagues
NBA Seeks To Spark Kids' Interest Through Hoop Troop Characters
How The NHL Is Making Itself Relevant To Younger Fans
Theater Chains Offer Youth Sponsorship Opportunities Via Technology, Off-Hour Activities, And Themed Events
- Amount Teens Spend Per Month At The Movies
- Spotlight On In-Theater Marketing
Hotel Operators Go Niche To Attract Family Travelers With Amenities Such As Loaner Pets, Storytelling, And Snow Cones
- Top Destinations For Summer Travelers
- Where Families Expected To Vacation In Summer 2012
- Spotlight On Hotels
Bullying Emerges As Popular Plot Theme, And Other Publishing Trends
PART III: CASES AND TACTICS
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Theme Parks
- Video Games