Genomic Biomarkers for Pharmaceutical Development: Advancing Personalized Health Care provides an in-depth review of the state of translational science across all stages of pharmaceutical development with a special focus on personalized health care. This book provides a complete picture of biomarker development and validation in a pharmaceutical setting while addressing the inherent challenges of targeting the appropriate indications, biomarker robustness, regulatory hurdles, commercialization and much more. It features case studies devoted to the applications of pharmacogenomics, toxicogenomics, and other genetic technologies as they support drug discovery and development.
With chapters written by international authorities in industry and academia, this work is a truly unique presentation of the thoughts and approaches that lead to the development of personalized medicine. Intended for all those involved in clinical translational research, this book is the ideal resource for scientists searching for the applications, strategies and successful approaches of translational science in pharmaceutical development.
- Provides case studies in applications of pharmacodynamic and predictive markers in drug development in oncology, autoimmunity, respiratory diseases and infectious diseases
- Shows how to identify potential new therapeutic targets in different diseases and provides examples of potential new disease indications for life cycle management of drugs
- Authored by leading international experts from industry and academia
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Application of TS in clinical development
2. Personalized Healthcare (PHC) in cancer
3. PHC in autoimmune diseases
4. PHC in respiratory diseases
5. miRNA as potential Diagnostic Marker
7. Translating Biomarker Discovery into Companion Diagnostics Through Validation and Regulatory Consideration