An ordering customer wants to see in the market such services as coiled tubing drilling and coiled tubing workover operations at affordable prices. With the growth of horizontal drilling volumes the demand for GIS operations with coiled tubing is rising, and given the conditions an ordering customer seeks to reduce the risks in construction of such an expensive facility as a horizontal well puts stricter standards for a contractor's incident rate.
The aim of the survey is comprehensive analysis of Russian coiled tubing operation market which includes the description of key indicators of oil and gas industry such as oil production, operational, exploration and horizontal drilling.
The following segments were analyzed separately: development of wells after new drilling, hydraulic fracturing, sidetracking and overhauls; the development of horizontal wells by using coiled tubing. The report includes the market size in terms of value for each researched segment as well as its dynamics in 2013 to 2022.
For over 20 years the the authors have tracked the development of Russia's oil industry, and therefore our experts can perform in-depth analysis of prospects and risks of production projects development in the country. The report analysts also have deep knowledge of hydrocarbon resource base in Russia and thus are capable to evaluate prospects of the Russian coiled tubing operation market.
The survey contains detailed information on key oilfield-service companies offering services for coiled tubing operations. It analyzes vertically integrated and independent companies' needs for and approaches to the procurement of coiled tubing operation services.
The key sections of the report contain the following data:
- Main indicators of Russian oil industry. The section presents the key indicators of oil industry including the volumes of production, operational, exploration and horizontal drilling;
- Review of Russian coiled tubing market. The section presents key market segments in money terms. It analyzes the competitive environment, covers main ordering consumer and their share of the total consumption of services;
- Description of major contractors in the Russian coiled tubing market. The section presents data on main contractors operating in Russian coiled tubing market. It includes data on dynamics of service companies capacities (changes in numbers of coiled tubing systems in companies' fleets);
- Description of major ordering customers in the Russian coiled tubing market. The section presents the analysis of vertically integrated and independent companies' needs for and approaches to the procurement of coiled tubing operation services.
- Forecast of demand for coiled tubing services in Russia in 2013-2022. The section presents the forecast of development of coiled tubing operation market in value and money terms based on the needs of Russian oil industry and oil companies' plans for maintaining of production. In the process of forecasting such factors as growth of production from low-permeability layers, the development of the Bazhenov formation, growth of production of very heavy and high-paraffin crude, growth of production from shallow reservoirs.
This product can be an important tool allowing to identify customers' needs and desires in the target market of coiled tubing operations with due regard to regional characteristics of oil and gas production.
Forecast and assumptions on probable development of coiled tubing operation contained included in the survey are based on comprehensive analysis of information obtained from reliable sources allowing to determine prospects, opportunities, risks and threats to the market in general and for its certain players.
1 Key RF Petroleum Sector Indicators
1.1 Oil production
1.2 Production, exploration and horizontal drilling
1.3 Overview of the Russian coiled tubing services market
2 Review of Major Customers for Coiled Tubing Services
3 Review of Major Contractors for the Coiled Tubing Services Market
4 Forecast for the Russian Horizontal Well Construction Market, 2012-2020
4.1 Forecast of production drilling trends
4.2 Horizontal drilling
4.4 Forecast of hydraulic fracturing scopes
4.5 Forecast of coiled tubing operations
List of Figures:
Chart 1-1. Oil production in Russia in 2002-2012 by company, thousands of tons per year
Chart 1-2. Annual production drilling by Russian companies in 2002-2012, thousands of meters
Chart 1-3. Annual exploration meters drilled by Russian companies in 2002-2012, thousands of meters
Chart 1-4. Annual rates of horizontal drilling by Russian companies in 2002-2012, thousands of meters
Chart 1-5. Changes in coiled tubing jobs in Russia in 2005-2012, thousands of jobs
Chart 4-1. Forecast of annual production meters drilled in Russia as a whole and in its individual regions between 2013 and 2022, millions of meters
Chart 4-2. Forecast of annual horizontal meters drilled in Russia as a whole and in its individual regions between 2013 and 2022, millions of meters
Chart 4-3. Contribution of Russia's individual petroleum regions to horizontal drilling growth, 2012-2022
Chart 4-4. Forecast of the number of sidetracks in the Russian Federation, 2012-2022, thousands of units
Chart 4-5. Forecast of annual scopes of hydraulic fracturing in new wells in Russia between 2012 and 2022, thousands of jobs
Chart 4-6. Forecast of annual scopes of hydraulic fracturing on the current declining well stock in Russia between 2012 and 2022, thousands of jobs
Chart 4-7. Forecast of total annual scopes of hydraulic fracturing operations in Russia between 2012 and 2022, thousands of jobs
Chart 4-8. Forecast of the number of coiled tubing jobs, 2012-2022, thousands of jobs
List of Tables:
Table 1-1. Increase in the number of horizontal wells and horizontal sidetracks in Russia, 2005-2012
Table 1-2. Number of coiled tubing jobs by major Russian oil producing regions, 2012
Table 1-3. SWOT analysis of Russian coiled tubing market
Table 2-1. Breakdown of the coiled tubing market by major customers and segments, number of jobs, 2012
Table 3-1. Breakdown of the coiled tubing fleet by Russia's key market players, 2008-2012