Libon is an 'all-in-one communications app' developed by Orange’s innovation subsidiary, Orange Vallée. The app enables users to manage their communications in a single interface, including free HD calls and messaging between users, low-cost off-net calling, a single timeline of all communications with contacts, visual voicemail and cloud storage. Libon is available ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) in more than 100 countries, but Orange is also promoting it via a collaborative model in which it offers the service to its mobile customers in partnership with its national operations.
This case study profiles the Libon app as part of our research on next-generation operator services.
This Viewpoint provides:
- an overview of the Libon app
- analysis of the app’s features and how it relates to Orange’s strategy in communication services
- details of Orange's business model for Libon
- analysis of the competitive environment for Libon
- a SWOT analysis
- a rating of the app’s prospects in the communication services market.