General developments in brief, Q2 2013
In Q2 of 2013 there were some signs of a recovery in Europe regarding overall retail consumption. In our latest “Quarterly Internet & Mail Order Growth” report we now have strong indications that the online retailing sector (B2C eCommerce) is responsible for a major part of this recovery. Even some Southern European countries are now showing healthy growth for the segment.
There seems to be an enormous online retailing growth momentum in a lot of European countries right now, and we are probably just seeing the beginning. That the e-driven “distance selling” sector is currently carrying overall European retail growth can be further validated through the study of B2C parcel volumes [also growing at healthy rates] of the major postal operators in Europe.
Reports are also available to buy as single quarterly issues. Please see the 'Also Available' link below for further details.
- Country ranking - Sales growth last 4 quarters
- Country ranking - E-purchases last 3 months
- Country ranking - Every day internet usage
- European Union
- Nordic countries
- Central Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Southern Europe
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- Country comparison table - Sales growth
- Country ranking table by sales growth rate
- Population share using the internet every day
- Population share purchasing online
- Additional regional e-commerce indicators:
- Licensing, legal and data information