About the authors.
1. Introduction (Julie Smith).
2. Economic and Trade relations between the European former communist stats and the states of western Europe (Alan Smith).
3. Immigration, labour mobility and EU enlargement.
4. EU enlargement and security: turning the inside out (James Gow).
5. Poland′s relations with Ukraine: a challenging ′strategic partnership′ (Kataryna Wolczuk and Roman Wolczuk).
6. Hungarian–Romanian and Romanian–Moldovan relations (Gabriel Partos).
7. Russia and the European Union (Graeme P. Herd).
8. Russia in the EU or the EU in Russia? Approaches to Kaliningrad (Christopher Preston).
9. Croatia, Bosnia–Herzegovina and Serbia (Peter Frankopan).
10. Conclusions (Charles Jenkins and Julie Smith).