About the authors.
1. Introduction (Julie Smith).
2. Economic and Trade relations between the European former communist stats and the states of western Europe (Alan Smith).
3. Immigration, labour mobility and EU enlargement.
4. EU enlargement and security: turning the inside out (James Gow).
5. Poland′s relations with Ukraine: a challenging ′strategic partnership′ (Kataryna Wolczuk and Roman Wolczuk).
6. Hungarian–Romanian and Romanian–Moldovan relations (Gabriel Partos).
7. Russia and the European Union (Graeme P. Herd).
8. Russia in the EU or the EU in Russia? Approaches to Kaliningrad (Christopher Preston).
9. Croatia, Bosnia–Herzegovina and Serbia (Peter Frankopan).
10. Conclusions (Charles Jenkins and Julie Smith).
Charles Jenkins leads a team of 12 at the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) responsible for Country Reports and Country Forecasts which cover the politics, economies and business environments of all countries of the the European Union as well as the EU itself. He has a long experience as editor and author of EIU regular and special reports covering all EU countries and many European countries outside the EU as well as working for the Federal Trust, Centre for Reform, European League for Economic Co–operation and other research bodies.