Seismic Data Analysis Techniques in Hydrocarbon Exploration explains the fundamental concepts and skills used to acquire seismic data in the oil industry and the step-by-step techniques necessary to extract the sections that trap hydrocarbons as well as seismic data interpretation skills.
It enhances the ability to interpret seismic data and use that data for basin evaluation, structural modeling of a fault, reservoir characterization, rock physics analysis, field development, and production studies.
Understanding and interpreting seismic data is critical to oil and gas exploration companies. Arming young geoscientists with a reference that covers the key principles of seismic data analysis will enhance their job knowledge, skills and performance. A fundamental grasp of seismic data enhances employability and aids scientists in functioning effectively when working with seismic data in industry.
- Edited by a team of petroleum geoscientists with more than 30 years of experience in hydrocarbon exploration and data analysis at O&G companies.
- More than 200 figures, photographs, and illustrations aid in the understanding of the fundamental concepts and techniques used to acquire seismic data
- Takes an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach to presenting the techniques and skills used to extract the geologic sections from acquired seismic data.
- Enhances the geoscientist's effectiveness when using seismic data for field development and other exploration and production studies
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- SEDIMENTOLOGY AND OIL/GAS FORMATION- SEISMIC WAVE PROPAGATION- SEISMIC EXPLORATION- NOISE ON SEISMIC DATA
- SEISMIC PROCESSING STEPS- CMP. BINNING AND SORTING- DECONVOLUTION SAMPLE DATA- NMO, VELOCITY ANALYSIS, DMO AND STACKING- RESIDUAL STATICS- SEISMIC MIGRATION
- SEISMIC INTERPRETATION METHODOLOGY- REFLECTION COEFFICIENT
Enwenode Onajite, author of 'Seismic Data Analysis Techniques in Hydrocarbon Exploration'. Formerly a research reservoir geophysicist with Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria limited (SPDC). He is now an independent research reservoir geophysicist and is available for opportunities in the oil and gas industry. He is an Associate member of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) and member of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG).