This new volume of Current Topics in Developmental Biology covers endocrine gland development and disease, and with contributions from an international board of authors. The chapters provide a comprehensive set of reviews covering such topics as sex determination & gonadogenesis, hypothalamus, paraythyroid and placenta.
- Covers the area of endocrine gland development and disease
- International board of authors
- Provides a comprehensive set of reviews covering such topics as sex determination & gonadogenesis and the adrenal, thyroid and pineal glands.
2. Development of the Medial Hypothalamus: Forming a Functional Hypothalamic-Neurohypophyseal Interface
3. Mammalian Sex Determination and Gonad Development
4. Mechanisms of Thyroid Development and Dysgenesis: An Analysis based on Developmental Stages and Concurrent Embryonic Anatomy
5. The Pineal Gland from Development to Function
6. From Pancreatic Islet Formation to Beta-Cell Regeneration
7. Adrenocortical Development, Maintenance and Disease