Hollow Glass Microspheres for Plastics, Elastomers, and Adhesives Compounds brings together, for the first time, all of the practical and theoretical aspects of glass bubble manufacturing, including its properties, processing, and applications, as well as regulatory, environmental, and health and safety aspects.
The book enables the reader to evaluate the applicability of glass bubbles to various applications involving polymers in thermoplastics, elastomers, liquid thermosets, and adhesives. It is an indispensible guide for material selection and improving sustainability of products.
Related data sets and case studies complement the book, making it a reference book for plastics processors, product designers, and engineers working with plastics and elastomers, and anyone who wants to improve functionality and performance, make their products lighter, longer lasting, and stronger, all while reducing costs and material needs.
- Provides best practices for plastics and rubber processing with glass bubbles
- Synthesizes all of the practical and theoretical aspects of glass bubble manufacturing, including its properties, applications, and more
- Describes different end-use applications and how glass bubbles influence various properties, including mechanical, structural, thermal, and optical properties in these applications
- A one-stop reference book that also covers the regulatory and environmental aspects of this important additive
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Introduction 2. Characterization 3. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Thermoplastics 4. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Rubbers and Elastomers 5. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Sheet Molding Compounds 6. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Thermosets-Epoxy Syntactic Foams 7. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Polyurethanes 8. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Plastisols 9. Hollow Glass Microspheres in Repair Compounds 10. Handling of Hollow Glass Microspheres 11. Mixing and Dispersion of Hollow Glass Microsphere Products