Preservation and Shelf Life Extension focuses on the basic principles of ultraviolet light technology as applied in low-UV transmittance treatments of food fluids and solid foods. It describes the features of UV light absorption in food fluids and available commercial systems, and provides case studies for UV treatment of fresh juices, dairy products, wines, and beer.
The book also includes information on various continuous and pulsed UV sources and processing systems, as well as examples of specific treatments for fruits, vegetables, meat and poultry products.
- Addresses preservation and shelf-life extension of foods and food plant safety improvement
- Explores non-thermal and non-chemical alternatives for preservation and shelf-life extension of fluid foods, drinks and beverages, and for solid foods
- Written by an internationally recognized expert in ultraviolet light, high hydrostatic pressure processing, and microwave heating
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Fundamentals of UV light transmissions in foods
2. Commercial UV sources
3. UV microbial effects in fluid foods
4. UV light applications for fresh juices and wines
5. UV light treatment of dairy products
6. UV light treatment of food surfaces