- Concise and practical, covering the relevant theory without excessive detail- Industry-specific examples and applications for marine engineering students and professionals- Clearly presents key topics of the subject, including system representation and transfer, feedback control and closed loop stability, making it ideal for self-study or reference- Simulation code and worked examples using Scilab and MATLAB provided on the book's companion website
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. System representation in the time domain
3. System transfer functions
4. Feedback control
5. Closed loop stability
6. Frequency domain analysis
7. System realities and practice
Appendix A. Modeling dynamic systems in Scilab
Appendix B. Mathematics background
Appendix C. Laplace transforms table
Prof. Roskilly has taught marine control at undergraduate and postgraduate level for more than 20 years. He has extensive research experience and a strong publication track record in the modeling and control of complex systems. He is a member of the Technical Committee for Marine Systems, International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC), a Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) and Editor of the IMarEST Journal of Marine Engineering and Technology.
Dr. Mikalsen has supported the delivery of on-campus and distance learning courses in marine dynamics and control for more than 6 years, including teaching the use of software tools for simulation and analysis of dynamic systems and development of teaching material for these courses. In addition to his first degree in Marine Engineering he has a PhD in modelling and simulation of thermal power systems.