Theory and Calculation of Heat Transfer in Furnaces covers the heat transfer process in furnaces, how it is related to energy exchange, the characteristics of efficiency, and the cleaning of combustion, providing readers with a comprehensive understanding of the simultaneous physical and chemical processes that occur in boiler combustion, flow, heat transfer, and mass transfer.
- Covers all the typical boilers with most fuels, as well as the effects of ash deposition and slagging on heat transfer
- Combines mature and advanced technologies that are easy to understand and apply
- Describes basic theory with real design that is based on meaningful experimental data
Symbols 1 Theoretical foundation and basic properties of thermal radiation 2 Emission and absorption of thermal radiation 3 Radiation heat exchange between isothermal surfaces 4 Heat transfer in fluidized bed 5 Heat transfer calculation in furnaces 6 Effects of ash deposition and slagging on heat transfer 7 Measuring heat transfer in the furnace Appendices: A. Common physical constants of heat radiation B. Common configuration factor calculation formulas C. Example of thermal calculation of 113.89kg/s (410t/h) high parameter coal-fired boiler D. Supplementary materials References
He has experience both in teaching and industry application in the field of combustion engineering for more than 15 years. His researching fields include:
1. Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Incineration and its pollution control.
2. Biomass combustion and generate electricity power.
3. Wood coal pyrolysis and gasification.
4. Waste Heat Recovery Technologies R&D.
5. Horizontal fluidized bed boiler R&D
Associate professor, PhD supervisor, registered constructor, registered power engineer, PMP member of project management institute, graduated from Tsinghua university and obtained dual bachelor degrees in thermal engineering and environmental engineering in 1996. In 2002 he started his PhD study and obtained PhD degree in 2008. His research interest covers biomass combustion, waste incineration, energy saving and pollution reduction, industrial boiler design. He is the author or coauthor of more than 80 scientific papers and holds more than 20 patents