- The switchgear and control gear industry in India is currently valued at INR 135 bn (~USD 2 billion) in FY 2013 and has been growing at ~15% for the last three years. ValueNotes estimates that the industry will be worth approximately INR 215 bn (~USD 3.5 billion) by FY 2017, growing at a diminished CAGR of ~10%.
- Low voltage switchgears, which account for more than 55% of the total market, has a higher share of unorganized players and it is anticipated to increase in the coming years. The forward integration of these unorganized players to medium and high voltage segments can lead to an increase in the unorganized market share in these segments too, which is currently dominated by five or six players.
- Increased planned capacity addition in the power sector and improvement in technology along with government directives to replace old redundant machinery is creating a replacement demand in the switchgear segment
The report includes profiles of the top five players - ABB Ltd, Alstom T&D India, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), Crompton Greaves, Schneider Electric India - with a brief overview about their service offerings, key financial ratios, expansion strategies, etc.
2. Industry Structure
- Switchgear & control gear industry structure
- Industry definition
- Industry classification
- Industry process/supply chain
3. Market Overview
- Market size & growth
- Market segmentation
- - By imports & domestic production
- - By organized and unorganized market
- - By product
- - - Low Voltage
- - - Medium & High Voltage
- - End-user segmentation
- - Geographical analysis
4. Drivers & Inhibitors
- Driver 1: Increase in planned capacity addition in power segment
- Driver 2: Adoption of new technology
- Driver 3: Investment in infrastructural and industrial segments
- Driver 4:Increase in demand for residential and commercial segment
- Inhibitor 1: Cheap imports and project imports
- Inhibitor 2: Non compliance to international specification and designs of switchgear
- Inhibitor 3: Failure to achieve power targets and delay in project execution
5. Government Initiatives & Policies
6. Industry Trends
7. Industry Analysis
8. Competitive Environment
- List of Players in the Industry
- Competitor benchmarking
- Complete Profiles:
- - ABB Ltd.
- - Alstom T&D India Limited
- - Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- - Crompton Greaves Ltd.
- - Schneider Electric India Limited
- Research methodology
- Abbreviations & Bibliography