- The book begins with a review of the safety of frozen foods in production and distribution.
- It then considers the selection of raw materials and pre-treatment before examining the range of physical and chemical factors affecting the sensory and nutritional quality of food during freezing.
- This is followed by a comprehensive review of freezer technology and identifies the essential selection criteria that food manufacturers need to consider.
- Further chapters discuss the selection of packaging, cold store design, equipment and maintenance as well as the key area of retail display equipment.
- Dr Christopher J Kennedy concludes the book by providing a valuable insight into the future of this industry, outlining the opportunities offered by latest developments such as anti-freeze proteins and ultrasonic techniques.
- A practical and authoritative guide to best practice in maximising quality
- An invaluable decision-making tool, including guidance on the selection of raw materials, freezer technology, packaging materials and retail display equipment
- The latest research into the frozen food industry from academic and industry experts