Published since 1964, the 2000-page hardbound book is the largest directory of U.S. and Canadian periodicals with information on more than 63,000 magazines, journals, newsletters, newspapers, and directories in subject categories from Accounting to Zoology. It is indispensable to librarians, researchers, marketers,printers, publishers, ad agencies, promotion specialists, and anyone who needs to know which publications are covering which fields.
In one easy-to-use volume you get: the largest directory of U.S. & Canadian magazines, the largest directory of U.S. & Canadian newsletters, the largest directory of U.S. & Canadian journals, and the largest directory of the U.S. & Canadian college-student press.
The Standard Periodical Directory includes:
- 16,516 magazines with vital circulation, advertising, production and list rental data, subscription rates, key staff names, and ISSN numbers
- 13,202 newsletters, including loose-leaf publications, bulletins, fax letters and email newsletters, making it the largest source of information on this increasingly influential media outlet
- 2,819 hard-to-find college student publications arranged geographically by city and state and by educational institution
- 12,122 daily and weekly newspapers, arranged geographically by city and state
- 13,127 business, professional, scientific, and technical journals
- 1,812 directories and databases
The Standard Periodical Directory is a valuable reference tool for a variety of customers:
- For librarians, it serves as a reference-desk tool to research titles and build collections, and as a business-building resource for their patrons.
- For business customers, including publishers and marketing departments of investment firms, law firms, and corporations of all kinds, it serves as a research and marketing tool.
- For direct marketers, it is used to compile targeted prospect lists by category. It has list rental information and publications' telephone, fax, email, staff contact names, and mailing address information.
- For printers, paper brokers, and other suppliers to the publishing industry, it is used to find qualified sales leads based on the detailed print production data available, including trim size, circulation, frequency, page count, paper stock, print method, and color usage.
- For advertisers, it provides circulation figures and rates not only for the well-known, large circulation publications, but also for smaller, niche advertising outlets not found elsewhere.