The book contains contributions concerning the application of the new instrumental and methodological developments in omics technologies, including those related to Genomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, Peptidomics and Metabolomics, Lipidomics and Foodomics. The16 chapters discuss in detail: innovative applications of functional gene microarrays for profiling microbial communities, microRNA profiling, novel genotyping applications using microarray technology in cancer research, next-generation sequencing applied to the study of human microbiome, emerging RNA-SEQ applications in food science, recent progress in plant proteomics, applications of gel-free proteomic approaches, the challenges and applications of proteomics tools for food authenticity, the role of salivary peptidomics in clinical applications, metabolomic approaches to the study of degenerative, cardiovascular and renal diseases, and neonatal medicine. Also covered are other omics applications such as profiling of genetically modified organisms, the fundamentals, applications and challenges of foodomics, and MS-based lipidomics. Moreover, this volume includes relevant and updated aspects on bioinformatics, data treatment, data integration and systems biology. This book complements the previous volume "Fundamentals of Advanced Omics Technologies: New Advances from Genes to Metabolites" that covered the fundamental aspects of these new omics technologies.
- Describes the latest applications of omics technologies
- Provides an excellent reference for applications of advanced omics techniques
- Includes advanced tools and methodologies for dealing with the data generated
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. MicroRNA Profiling: An Overview of Current Technologies and Applications
3. Application of Novel Genotyping Microarray Technologies in Cancer Research
4. Applications of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies to the Study of the Human Microbiome
5. Emerging RNA-Seq Applications in Food Science
Proteomics and Peptidomics
6. Making Progress in Plant Proteomics for Improved Food Safety
7. Advantages and Applications of Gel-Free Proteomic Approaches in the Study of Prokaryotes
8. Proteomics Tools for Food Fingerprints. Addressing New Food Quality and Authenticity Challenges
9. Salivary Peptidomics Targeting Clinical Applications
10. Metabolomics in the Study of Alzheimer's Disease
11. Application of Metabolomics to Cardiovascular and Renal Disease Biomarker Discovery
12. The Clinical Application of Proteomics and Metabolomics in Neonatal Medicine
Other Omics Strategies, Data Treatment, Integration and Systems Biology
13. Profiling of Genetically Modified Organisms using Omics Technologies
14. MS-Based Lipidomics
15. Foodomics. Food Science and Nutrition in the Post-Genomic Era
16. Omics-Data Integration in Systems Biology: Methods and Applications.