Early Vascular Aging (EVA): New Directions in Cardiovascular Protection brings together the last decade of research related to the characterization of EVA, as well as the predictive power of pulse wave velocity (PWV).
The book presents a novel approach to the problem of cardiovascular disease, showing it in relation to great vessels disease and revealing a comprehensive approach to the problem of increased rigidity of the great vessels, its causes, and further consequences.
Information provided is accompanied by online access to a supplemental website with video clips of anatomic specimens, cardiac imaging, and surgical procedures.
- Introduces the latest information on early vascular aging (EVA), complete with summaries of recent evidence and guidelines for relevant risk factor control
- Ideal reference for the study of vascular aging, pulse wave velocity, arteriosclerosis, EVA, arterial stiffness, vascular, PWV biomarkers, and cardiovascular disease
- Contains all the relevant information available from different fields of knowledge (from basic biology to epidemiology) in regard to EVA
- Provides evidence that leads to a new target for interventions, early vascular aging (EVA) in subjects with early onset increased arterial stiffness
- Includes online access to a supplemental website with video clips of anatomic specimens, cardiac imaging, and surgical procedures
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Chapter 2: Cellular and Molecular Determinant of Arterial Aging
Chapter 3: Changing Demography of Europe-Greying Populations
Chapter 4: Population-Based Studies
Chapter 5: Lessons from Amsterdam Growth and Health Longitudinal Study
Chapter 6: History and Findings of the BLSA
Chapter 7: Changes in Peripheral Blood Pressure with Normal and Accelerated Aging
Chapter 8: Changes in Arterial Stiffness with Normal and Accelerated Aging
Chapter 9: Changes in Central Hemodynamics, Wave Reflection and Heart-Vessel Coupling with Normal and Accelerated Aging
Chapter 10: Early Aging of Endothelial Function and Platelet-Vessel Wall Interaction
Chapter 11: The Cross-Talk between the Macro and Microcirculation
Chapter 12: Blood Pressure Variability
Chapter 13: Early Vascular Aging in Children with Low Birth Weight and/or Prematurity
Chapter 14: Age-Induced Endothelial Dysfunction and Intima-Media Thickening
Chapter 15: Glucose Metabolism, Diabetes, and the Arterial Wall
Chapter 16: Chronic Inflammation and Antherosclerosis
Chapter 17: Early and Late Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease in relation to Arterial Changes
Chapter 18: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Chapter 19: Early and Late Stages of Brain Damage
Chapter 20: Telomere Biology and Aging
Chapter 21: Traditional versus new models of Risk Prediction
Chapter 22: Imaging Biomarkers: Aortic Stiffness and Carotid IMT as Predictors of CV Disease
Chapter 23: Genetic Markers in Prediction of CV Disease
Chapter 24: Vascular Aging and CV Disease
Chapter 25: Lifestyle Intervention: What works?
Chapter 26: Targeting BP Lowering and Sympathetic Nervous System
Chapter 27: Targeting Central BP through the Macro-Microcirculation Cross-Talk
Chapter 28: Treatment of Abnormalities in Glucose and Lipid Metabolism
Chapter 29: New Drugs under Development for Cardiovascular Prevention
Chapter 30: Interventions to retard Biological Aging to be Explored
Chapter 31: Immuniziation, Vaccines and Immunomodulation