Completely revised and updated, Human Herpesviruses HHV-6A, HHV-6B & HHV-7, Third Edition, delivers a contemporary and thorough review of HHV-6, beginning with foundational explorations of classification, molecular biology, and chromosomal integration of the virus, through to clinical details, including pathologic features of infection, and clinical effects on various organ systems. The work now includes coverage of HHV-7, a virus that remains underestimated in transplant reactivation, seizures, and encephalitis.
The book examines the role of HHV-6 in myriad diseases, including cognitive disorders following bone marrow transplant, mesial temporal lobe epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune disease, encephalitis, Hodgkin's disease lymphoma (HHV-6B), and glioma (HHV-6A). Descriptions of current and novel molecular and serological diagnostic assays, along with detailed protocols, are included to aid researchers and clinicians in discriminating potential false positives originating from chromosomally integrated HHV-6, and in differentiating between active and latent infection.
Human Herpesviruses HHV-6A, HHV-6B & HHV-7, Third Edition is a valuable reference for both clinical and basic scientists, including epidemiologists, virologists, practicing clinicians, infectious disease specialists, pathologists, and all scientists entering the field of herpes virus research. The work is a practical and thorough resource for a foundational understanding of HHV-6 and HHV-7, while providing a cutting-edge translational and clinical reference to those looking to understand and diagnose associated viral diseases.
- Delivers the latest molecular diagnostic tests, the present-day gold standard for monitoring HHV-6
- Provides expert analysis of T-cell immune response against HHV-6
- Presents tools for differential diagnosis in HHV-6 viral infections
- Includes new information on the previously-largely-unknown biological consequences of ciHHV-6
- Offers coverage of new discoveries relating to HHV-7
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. HHV-6A and HHV-6B Officially-Classified as Distinct Viral Species
2. Practical Diagnostic Procedures for Human Herpesviruses 6A, 6B and 7
3. Pathologic Features of HHV-6A & B and HHV-7 Infection (Light and Electron Microscopy)
4. HHV-6A & B and HHV-7 in Febrile Seizures and Status Epilepticus
5. HHV-6A & B and HHV-7 in Encephalitis
6. Cognitive Dysfunction from Human Herpesvirus-6 A and B
7. HHV-6 and Multiple Sclerosis
8. Human Herpes Virus 6B in Medial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
9. HHV-6B and HHV-7 in Exanthema Subitum and Related Skin Diseases
10. HHV-6A and B in Autoimmune Disease
11. HHV-6A and -6B in Drug-induced Hypersensitivity Syndrome/Drug Reactions With Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms
12. HHV-6A & B in Solid Organ Transplantation
13. Human Herpesvirus 6 A and B in Recipients of Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
14. The Immune Response to HHV-6
15. Chromosomally-Integrated HHV-6
16. HHV-6 and HHV-7 in Cardiovascular Diseases (Including Cardiomyopathies and Vasculitis)
17. Human Herpesvirus-6 in Lymphohematopoietic Diseases
18. Human Herpesvirus-6A&B in Cancer
19. Treating HHV-6 infections: The Laboratory Efficacy and Clinical Use of Anti-HHV-6 Agents