Power System Small Signal Stability Analysis and Control presents a detailed analysis of the problem of severe outages due to the sustained growth of small signal oscillations in modern interconnected power systems. The ever-expanding nature of power systems and the rapid upgrade to smart grid technologies call for the implementation of robust and optimal controls. Power systems that are forced to operate close to their stability limit have resulted in the use of control devices by utility companies to improve the performance of the transmission system against commonly occurring power system disturbances.
This book demonstrates how the application of power system damping controllers such as Power System Stabilizers (PSSs) and Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System (FACTS) controllers-namely Static Var Compensator (SVC) and Thyristor Controlled Series Compensator (TCSC)-can guard against system disruptions. Power System Small Signal Stability Analysis and Control examines the signal stability problem, providing an overview and analysis of the concepts and of the controllers used to mitigate it. Detailed mathematical derivations, illustrated case studies, the application of soft computation techniques, designs of robust controllers, and end-of-chapter exercises make it a useful resource to researchers, practicing engineers, and post-graduates in electrical engineering.
- Examines the power system small signal stability problem and various ways to mitigate it
- Offers a new and simple method of finding the optimal location of PSS in a multi-machine power system
- Provides relevant exercises to further illustrate chapter-specific content
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Concepts of Small Signal Stability
- Overview of Synchronous Machine
- Models of Power Network and Relevant Power Equipments
- Small Signal Stability Analysis in SMIB Power System
- Small Signal Stability Analysis in Multimachine System
- Mitigation of Small Signal Stability Problem Employing Power
- Application FACTS Controller
- Optimal and Robust Control
Appendix A Appendix B
Debashish Mondal - Haldia Institute Of Technology, Dept. of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, B.Sc (Hon. in Physics), B.Tech (Instrumentation Eng.), M.E (Electrical Eng. Spl: Control System), Ph.D (Engineering), 6 years industry experience and 7 years teaching and research, Member of The Institution of Engineers (India),
Dr. Abhijit Chakrabarti - Dept. Of Electrical Engineering, Bengal Engineering and Science University, B.E (Electrical), M.Tech (Power), Ph.D (Tech), 7 years industry experience, 23 years teaching & research; The Institution of Engineers (India), Life Fellow
Dr. Aparajita Sengupta - Dept. Of Electrical Engineering, Bengal Engineering and Science University B.E (Electrical), M.Tech, Ph.D (Control System), has 15 years of experience teaching and in research, Member of IEEE, IEE, Indian Association of Cultivation Science