Easy–to–read tax information for your business!
Taxation for Australian Businesses is essential reading for all existing business owners, or those contemplating starting a new business in Australia. In this book, tax expert and accounting specialist Rod Caldwell discusses the Australian tax system and legislation and shows business owners how to structure their business in the most tax–effective way.
In this guide, learn how to:
- manage tax concessions for your business
- understand your goods and services tax (GST) obligations
- claim the capital gains tax concessions available to your business
- find out your obligations as an employer
- run your business through a family trust
- make the right income tax deductions.
Taxation for Australian Businesses empowers business owners, helps reduce their accountancy fees, and ensures they are compliant with the latest tax laws.
About the author ix
1 A general discussion of taxation 1
2 Business structures 27
3 Taxable income 41
4 Capital allowances (depreciating assets) 65
5 Trading stock (inventory) 85
6 Capital gains tax (CGT) 97
7 Fringe benefi ts tax (FBT) 109
8 Motor vehicles 121
9 Goods and services tax (GST) 137
10 Putting it all together 151
11 Employing staff 161
12 Running a business through a family discretionary trust 195
Appendix A: Effective life schedule 203
Appendix B: Tax rates, 2014 15 207