The report analyzes and puts into a structured format, "who is who" in the business of manufacturing aircraft towing tractors on a global basis. This project involved examination of nearly one-hundred companies in virtually all countries in North America and Europe, as well as those in the developed and emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region, to arrive at a final list of 41 identifiable players that are bona fide manufacturers of aircraft towing tractors.
The study examines the industry by production in unit volumes and dollar values, towing capacities, and future product outlook, including key product/technological innovations. The report provides segregated market data, competitive shares and leadership positions for small, medium and large conventional and towbarless towing tractors, to reflect more accurately the market dynamics and forces at play in each segment.
Key future drivers of the aircraft tow tractor industry include:
- Increased air transportation across the Asia Pacific region (especially the markets in China and India), the Middle East, and the up-coming economies in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Replacement of aging equipment in Europe and North America
- Increased propensity for environmentally friendly tow tractors due to increasingly stringent emission norms.
These and other aspects of this analysis are highlighted in this new report. The report can be put to immediate use for global M&A research, market size identification, sales planning, country/region strategizing, competitive share analysis, and potential alliances through licensing or technology transfer agreements.
B.Scope & Methodology
C.Product Definitions & Technology
C.1.1 Conventional Towbar Tractors
C.1.2 Towbarless Tractors
C.2Conventional versus Towbarless Tractors
C.3.1 Electric Aircraft Tow Tractors
C.3.2 Hybrid Aircraft Tow Tractors
C.4New Aircraft Tow Tractor Models
C.4.1 Bliss-Fox Airport Tractors
C.4.2 JBT AeroTech
C.4.3 Schopf Maschinenbau
C.4.4 Trepel Airport Equipment GmbH
C.5.2 eTaxi - EGTS
D.1M&A Activity & Alliances
D.1.1 Douglas Equipment Ltd.
D.1.2 GHH Fahrzeuge
D.1.5 LifTow Ltd.
D.1.6 Shenzhen Techking Industry Co., Ltd
D.1.7 Sovam SAS
D.1.10 Xinfa Airport Equipment Ltd.
D.2.1 Size & Characteristics
D.2.2 Top Ten
D.3.1 Curtiss Wright - Flow Control
D.3.2 JBT Corp. - JBT AeroTech
D.3.3 Weihai Guangtai Airport Equipment Co.
E.2.1 Market Size: 2006 to 2012
E.2.2 Market Size: 2013
E.4Market Analysis by Product Type
E.4.1 Conventional Tractors
E.4.1.1 Competitive Positions
E.4.1.2 Small Conventional Tractors
E.4.1.3 Medium Conventional Tractors
E.4.1.4 Large Conventional Tractors
E.4.2 Towbarless Tractors
E.4.2.1 Competitive Positions
E.4.2.2 Small Towbarless Tractors
E.4.2.3 Medium Towbarless Tractors
E.4.2.4 Large Towbarless Tractors
F.Analysis by Geographic Region
F.2Production Estimates by Region
G.2Projected Market Size
- ATA Modena Trattori per Traino
- Beijing Golden Wheel Special Machine Co. Ltd.
- Bliss-Fox Airport Tractors
- Camel Aerotech Co., Ltd.
- Charlatte Manutention
- Douglas Equipment Ltd.
- Eagle Tugs
- Entwistle Co.
- Fresia SpA
- GHH Fahrzeuge GmbH
- Goldhofer AG
- Harlan Global Manufacturing, LLC
- JBT AeroTech
- Kalmar Motor AB
- Kamag Transporttechnik GmbH & Co. KG.
- Lektro, Inc.
- Lynco Tugger Corporation
- Mulag Fahrzeugwerk
- NMC-Wollard, Inc.
- PT United Tractors Pandu Engineering
- Schopf Maschinenbau Gmbh
- Shanghai Cartoo GSE Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Techking Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shinjeong Development Co.
- Sinfonia Technology Co. Ltd.
- Sinotruk Qingdao Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Sovam SaS
- TBDUK, Ltd.
- Talleres Electromecánicos Gorris, S.A.
- The Little Big Tug Co Ltd.
- Timsan Traktor Uretim Montaj Sanayi ve Ticaret AS
- Trepel Airport Equipment GmbH
- Tronair JETporter
- Tug Technologies Corporation
- Volk Fahrzeugbau GmbH
- Weihai Guangtai Airport Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Ximei Special Automobile Co., Ltd.